July Book of the Month

Books Reviewed by Winter

7 Published Reviews

256 posts on the forums

About Winter

Interests: Reading, writing, theater, hiking, traveling

• Al Capone at the Blanche Hotel
      by Linda Bennett Pennell
    View Review

Officially rated 4 out of 4!
    View official review by Winter - Published April 28, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "I have been in love with the past for as long as I can remember. Anything with a history, whether shabby or majestic, recent or ancient, instantly draws me in. I suppose it comes from being part of a large extended family that spanned several generations. Long summer afternoons on my grandmother's porch or winter evenings gathered around her fireplace were filled with stories both entertaining and poignant. Of course being set in the South, those stories were also peopled by some very interesting characters, some of whom have found their way into my work. I reside in the Houston area with one sweet husband and one German Shorthaired Pointer who thinks she's a little girl."

• The 30-Day Writing Challenge: Begin or Enhance Your Daily Writing Habit
      by Sara Crawford

View official review by Winter - Published June 4, 2014

Genre: Non-Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Sara Crawford is a writer and musician from Marietta, GA. She has a BA in English from Kennesaw State University and an MFA in Creative Writing from the University of New Orleans. Her poetry has appeared in such publications as Ceremony and Illogical Muse. Her play, The Snow Globe, was published via YouthPlays in the fall of 2013, and her play, The Spins, was a finalist in the 2011 Playwriting Contest from The Essential Theatre. She is the author of the upcoming young adult series, The Muses, and she is represented by literary agent, Marie Brown of Marie Brown Associates."

• Learning to Waltz
      by Kerryn Reid
    View Review

Officially rated 4 out of 4!
    View official review by Winter - Published April 15, 2014

Genre: Romance/Erotic | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Kerryn is a long-time reader of historical fiction. LEARNING TO WALTZ is her debut novel. As a girl, all of her favorite authors were British - Georgette Heyer, Mary Stewart, and of course Jane Austen. Though she's lived in Florida long enough to feel like a native, a piece of her heart still lives across the pond. So when the itch to write needed scratching, that's where her imagination took her. She writes tender, heartfelt Regency historicals."

• Be My Eyes
      by Dustin Stevens

View official review by Winter - Published May 29, 2014

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Dustin Stevens is the author of The Zoo Crew series, Be My Eyes, Scars and Stars, Just a Game, 21 Hours, Liberation Day, and Catastrophic. He is also the author of several short stories, appearing in various magazines and anthologies, and is an award-winning screenwriter. He currently resides in Honolulu, Hawaii."

• Disconnect Your Oughta-Pilot
      by DeBorah Beatty

View official review by Winter - Published April 11, 2014

Genre: Non-Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "I am a third generation solo business owner. I really don't know how to do anything else. Even when working a j.o.b., I have at least two businesses running on the side at all times. My passion for teaching small business owners fills me with an excitement and an expectation that is incredibly contagious and remarkably effective."

• A Sinner in Paradise
      by Deborah Hining

View official review by Winter - Published March 9, 2014

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Deborah Hining believes that life is pretty much perfect as long as it holds a sense of destiny. Her destiny has led her to be wife, mother, and grandmother, actress, award winning playwright, theatrical director, collect instructor, and Certified Financial Planner. You can find her most days working in one of the gardens, writing, being Grandma, and generally giving thanks for her abundant life."

• Sister Mercedes and the Temple of Doom
      by Brian C. Petti

View official review by Winter - Published February 25, 2014

Genre: Non-Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Brian C. Petti's work has appeared in numerous Off-Off Broadway venues and he was the winner of the 1999 Humboldt State University National Play Contest (Next Year in Jerusalem). Masquerade was staged at the Cherry Lane Theatre in New York by Ten Grand and a Burger Productions in 2005. He has also had productions in New York by Thespian Productions (The Art of Negotiation), the American Theater of Actors, Inc. (Before the Parade Passes By), Ryan Repertory, The Duplex Cabaret, (Everything's Coming Up Roses) and The Play's the Thing Productions (Hindenburg--the Musical). Petti's plays have enjoyed many regional productions as well: he most recently had Echoes of Ireland and Ten Seconds produced in 2010 in upstate New York."

Page last updated: June 4, 2014, 3:19 pm