July Book of the Month

• The Vanished Ones
      by N.V. Sumner

View official review by ALRyder - Published June 4, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Writing has always been a passion. But it took forty years to figure out how to put that passion on paper in a way that would both entertain and address real issues. I spent the first eighteen years of my life in a quiet community in the Bay Area of California. After high school, I attended UC Davis, where I lost myself in creative writing classes while working toward a degree in psychology. I spent the next few years writing short stories and poetry and working in restaurants. Eventually, I went to law school and landed at an international law firm, McKenna, Long and Aldridge, where I currently work as a litigator in downtown San Francisco. The Vanished Ones will become a series focused on missing-children investigator, Li Chen. The story arose out of a fascination with finding answers and a desire to delve into the underworld."

• The Bird Room
      by Chad Hofmann

View official review by ALRyder - Published June 4, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Chad Hofmann is a fiction author from Virginia. The Bird Room is his second published title. Helena, his first book, is a young adult fiction ebook and the second in his series, Jack-o and the amulet."

• Five
      by Caroline Greyling

View official review by ALRyder - Published May 29, 2014

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Caroline Greyling is a mother of two, student and full time Executive in a prominent South African Telecommunications company. She is a Bachelor of commerce Honours graduate from the Rand Afrikaans University and completed the Novel writing course at the South African Writers College with distinction. She lives in Johannesburg with her husband and two daughters and spends her time reading, writing, playing piano, doing arts and crafts and studying. Caroline is a great fan of fiction, especially young adult and romance, and writes in her personal time for enjoyment. Five is her debut novel."

• The Dragon and Peter Fen
      by Keith R. Webster

View official review by ALRyder - Published May 20, 2014

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Keith spends most of his time working as a Safety Professional for an explosives-detection research laboratory. However, when the whistle blows at the end of the day, he spends his quiet time at home with family and pets... and occasionally gets a chance to work on his various writing projects. This book is the second of its kind from Keith's keyboard and replete with illustrations and poems."

• Diet Enlightenment: The Real Secret to Weight Loss
      by Rachel L. Pires

View official review by ALRyder - Published June 29, 2014

Genre: Non-Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Rachel L. Pires is a writer, weight loss advisor, and a new mother. She is a graduate of Boston University."

• THE END, MY FRIEND: Prelude to the Apocalypse
      by Kirby Wright

View official review by ALRyder - Published May 29, 2014

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Kirby Wright received his MFA from San Francisco State University. This is his first work of pure fiction."

• Suppose: Drabbles, Flash Fiction, and Short Stories
      by Kathy Steinemann
    View Review

Officially rated 2 out of 4!
    View official review by ALRyder - Published May 25, 2014

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Kathy Steinemann has loved writing for as long as she can remember. As a young child, she scribbled poems and stories. During the progression of her love affair with words, she won public-speaking and writing awards, and she contributed to her school newspaper. Then every Monday, rain or shine, she walked home instead of taking the bus so that she could deliver her latest column to the community weekly. Her career has taken varying directions, including positions as editor of a small-town paper, computer-network administrator, and webmaster. She has also worked on projects in commercial art and cartooning."

• Lyth: Hymn of the Flesh
      by Harrison Roberts
    View Review

Officially rated 2 out of 4!
    View official review by ALRyder - Published April 21, 2014

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy | View book on Amazon

About the Author: " This is my first publishing up for sale to the public. I have been working on Lyth for over two years now and have poured a lot of myself into it. To get a feel of myself and the book visit my web site here. www.brokentusk.net I also have the first chapter available for preview on the site. Enjoy. "

• Finding Grace--A Transformational Journey
      by Kathy Gottberg
    View Review

Officially rated 4 out of 4!
    View official review by ALRyder - Published April 11, 2014

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Kathy Gottberg has been a published author and writer for over 25 years. Her current passion is exploring ideas and experiences that help to create a meaningful, sustainable, compassionate and rewarding life for herself and others through her blog (smartliving365.com) her books and her articles. Beyond that, she is happily growing and experiencing life married to her best friend and soul mate--Thom. Ultimately, Kathy strives to live life fearlessly and full-out....and to remember, that each of us get to make it up!"

• Martuk ... The Holy
      by Jonathan Winn
    View Review

Officially rated 4 out of 4!
    View official review by ALRyder - Published March 15, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Screenwriter, playwright, and actor, Jonathan Winn (author of Martuk ... The Holy, The Wounded King: The Martuk Series, and the upcoming The Elder: The Martuk Series) divides his time between New York and Seattle."

• The Sparrow
      by Jamie Horwath

View official review by ALRyder - Published March 9, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Jamie Horwath studied writing at Penn State University and has gone on to publish 5 short stories, novellas and novelettes. When not writing Jamie works as an employment broker helping people find a job or career."

Page last updated: June 29, 2014, 5:00 am