OnlineBookClub.org

by Jessica V. Barnett

View official review by peprica21 - Published January 21, 2017

Genre: Young Adult
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Jessica V. Barnett lives in the Boston area, where she writes, parents, dances, and practices law, not necessarily in that order. Her debut novel, Freak Camp: Posts From a Previously Normal Girl, was a runner-up for a 2014 Rainbow Award."

• Love & Justice
      by Diana Morgan-Hill
    View Review

Officially rated 4 out of 4!
    View official review by peprica21 - Published November 6, 2015

Genre: Non-Fiction
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Writing has been at the heart of Diana's working life. She was a press and publicity manager for Brookside, Channel 4's soap opera, and ITN and then became a journalist and editor for a number of TV business publications. After freelancing for the MIDEM organisation, she set up MediaVision, a press, public relations and strategy consultancy to cater for the booming markets in international television. Suffering from catastrophic injuries following a train accident, she then had to refocus and has subsequently worked as a TV presenter, as a chief executive, was MD of a small publishing company, and an assistant producer in TV. Her voluntary work has included trustee and committee positions for the National Wheelchair Tennis Foundation, The Limbless Association and the British Red Cross. She now supports the Arvon Foundation, a charity that provides writing weeks for potential authors, and she continues to counsel others suffering from limb loss. Diana lives in Dorset, by the sea. She is a motivational speaker and is presently writing her first novel, a psychological thriller."

• Lessons in Life from Lilly the Llama
      by Linda Andrusko

View official review by peprica21 - Published October 8, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Linda was born in Southern California. She later moved to Minnesota, then relocated with her husband to their final destination in Sequim, Washington. She has two grown twin sons, one grandson of her own, and shares two grandchildren with her husband. Linda's main objective in writing is to inspire, motivate, and help create a positive attitude in her readers, while providing an enjoyable reading experience for children and their families."

• Time Tells Tales
      by Stephanie Fletcher

View official review by peprica21 - Published December 11, 2015

Genre: C/T/M/H
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Biography I have a website for publishing my writing and poetry where you may sign up to my newsletter and check out my new books. There are some freebies on there as well, works I have not yet published. Firstly, I am a Mother and best friend to three daughters. I truly love my life and every person who has ever touched it with unconditional love. I am grateful for all their support in my endeavours. I started writing seriously after a traumatic event in my life that resulted in a nervous breakdown in 2008, I was 49. My physical and mental health suffered greatly, and now several years later, hand on heart, I can honestly say I am not the self-driven, compulsive perfectionist I was beforehand. I had a spiritual enlightenment, counselling, and time – lots of empty time. I could have quit - sank deeper into depression, but I didn't. I am lucky enough to have wonderful, caring, considerate family, who witnessed my decent into hell and back, they never left my side. I pulled myself up by my bootstraps and hit life head on again like the Taurean bull I am. I have always written a journal and the days of staring into thin air became times of inspiration. At first I was scared to show others my work. The last thing I needed was criticism that cuts you to the soul but I needn't have worried. Only a few people gave me harsh critique that knocked my self-confidence. Eventually, I began to grow as a writer. I did a creative writing course and gained a certificate in counselling skills. I read a lot, anything, and everything, and I take notes everywhere, for use later in my work. I collect idioms, sayings, and inspirational quotes that help me with my writing. I like to do my original work in longhand so I have a lot of A5 notebooks needing attention. Writing is never dull or a job, I enjoy every day I spend writing and often surprise myself at what comes out. I have now finished my first Novel, called ‘Time Tells Tales’, available in print or digital format, from all good retailer’s. Set in Ireland and England in the early 1900’s, covering a century, Time Tells Tales is a Novel in five parts or ‘Tales’. They explore the history of three families; their interconnected lives are intricately woven together by love, birth, death, and marriage. These lives are spiced up with religion, revenge, scandal, abuse, heartache, and spiritual intervention. The five Tales are told from different perspectives by the characters that drive this novel along to the surprising conclusion, spreading across time, space, and dimensions, hence the title - Time Tells Tales. I have a collection of short stories called ‘Seasons of the Heart.’ The four seasons reveal to us the four stages of love throughout a year, in the lives of very different couples and their experiences of love at a certain stage. But, of course, love never runs smoothly as my characters find out. They are not your typical slushy, rose-tinted glasses kind of stories, but more realistic, showing us that love doesn’t run smooth, there are many pitfalls and hills to climb before we get our happy ever after, even then life throws us spanner’s and hammer’s. On my website there are more stories and poems published that you will find nowhere else and they are all free to read! I welcome your feedback, reviews on all my efforts and would love to engage with my readers, so please sign up and keep in contact with my work in progress, new ideas, and dates of release of any new books. I will publish in a newsletter via email. Next year I hope to begin a UK book tour and will have signed copies to give away so watch this space! Thank you for taking time to read my bio, keep on reading! Your friend, Stephanie."

• From Ghetto Fabulous to Fabulous Revelations of a Hood Chick
      by Kijana Harris

View official review by peprica21 - Published September 21, 2015

Genre: Drama and Poetry
    View book: on Bookshelves | on B&N

About the Author: "I have been blessed to experience life with all its imperfections. Love, death, and survival are just a few of the great stories I have been able to meet. With all of life's situations, I have found an outlet to keep me grounded. Every person has the same experiences in life; it's how we perceive them that makes a difference. I have chosen to take my goods, bads, and uglies and transform them into expressions. I have four children that I have raised alone. The challenges of parenting and still searching for myself have been quite a task. But I have managed to keep going through building, no matter what obstacles come my way. A quitter can never be a winner, and I will win. I was born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska. I moved to Houston with my children, a handful of dollars, and a heart full of faith. By God's grace, we made it. Nebraska taught me how to be tough, how to love the unlovable, and how to be understanding. I can now carry those lessons wherever I go and share them along the way."

• Three Little Monsters in Gruesome Gets A Toothache
      by Jessica Snape

View official review by peprica21 - Published March 31, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on B&N

About the Author: "I am Jessica Doe (Snape); born in 1980 and brought up in Eccles and Salford, Greater Manchester. After leaving school, I worked as a Care Assistant in a Care Home in Salford and gave that up to take on the most rewarding role as a mother. I used to read stories to my children and started making them up myself and that is where I became interested in writing. I have four children and three of my characters are modelled on them. My ambition is to become a successful children’s writer and after showing my manuscript to different people including the best critics of all…my children, I believe that other children will enjoy my books as much as they have. What Inspired Me I would read a lot of stories to my son who, unfortunately, did not sleep well at night. I would think of stories to tell him and found that he enjoyed the monster stories the most. I then started writing them down and would read them to my other children, who enjoyed them too. My mum was my biggest inspiration and when she passed in 2011 I decided to make her proud, by becoming a writer."

• Don't Put Down Your Crown
      by Edna L. Myles
    View Review

Officially rated 4 out of 4!
    View official review by peprica21 - Published September 30, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on B&N

About the Author: "This author has been writing for many years, having her first novel “Truthful Deceptions” published in 2004, she has gone on to write many other works. After using her writing talents to entertain adults for so long, she made the conscious decision to focus on uplifting, and encouraging children. So one day in the spring of 2015, Edna L. Myles sat down in front of her computer, and began to write. She thought of the direction that our society was going in, and she wanted to tell a story that would remind our children of how special, and amazing they are. She wanted to tell them that they are more than the world may show them at times. On that day “Don’t Put Down Your Crown” was born. The first children’s story book to come from this author, she wanted to insure that it would embody everything that children love in great story-telling. She enlisted the artistry of her good childhood friend (Prentis R. Mitchell) who laid down the illustrations for the book."

• MotherWealth
      by Naomi Rose

View official review by peprica21 - Published September 9, 2015

Genre: Non-Fiction
    View book: on Bookshelves | on B&N

About the Author: "Naomi Rose, creator of Writing from the Deeper Self, is an award-winning writer, book developer, and publisher. She is the author of several books on Money & the Inner Life. Sensing that there was a lot more to our relationship with money than only money, she has sought to bring together the nature and values of the inner life with money and its life in the world. "MotherWealth" is one fruit of this exploration."

• The Skye in June
      by June Ahern

View official review by peprica21 - Published August 28, 2015

Genre: Other Fiction
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "J. (June) Ahern is an author of four books: two novels and two nonfiction. Like her main character, was born in Glasgow, Scotland and in the mid-1950's immigrated to San Francisco, California. Like the MacDonald family in her book, she too lived on Liberty Street The family home is still owned by a sister. Along with her seven siblings Ms. Ahern attended parochial school in one of San Francisco's most famous neighborhoods called Eureka Valley but better known now as The Castro. Her parents owned the Callaghan's Village Fish n' Chips Shop on 18th by Castro Street. Ms.Ahern lives close to San Francisco with her husband, cat and horses. She happily says that her life is full and blessed. Ms. Ahern is a Life Coach as well as an Intuitive Arts Mentor , teacher and author. For over thirty years J. Ahern has taught many people to manifest their visions to fulfillment. Her appearances on television and radio, teaching at the Learning Annex and along with her book, "The Timeless Counselor" - The Guide to a Successful Psychic Reading, the number one seller by an unknown author at the 1991 Whole Life Expo in New York where she was a featured speaker, has earned her national and international notice."

Page last updated: January 23, 2017, 3:51 pm