OnlineBookClub.org

231 posts on the forums

About NadineTimes10

Favorite book: John Nielson Had a Daughter

Currently reading: Les Miserables

Interests: Literature and film, with a particular passion for fiction.

• Bread and Heaven
      by S.E.Taylor

View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published December 27, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Susan Taylor grew up in Tredegar and Swansea. She trained as a nurse at a leading London teaching hospital. Whilst accompanying her husband Geoffrey to Northern Nigeria, where she was unable to nurse, she taught in a Mission School and realised she could no longer resist the family's teaching genes. On their return she read English and Education at Manchester University. A successful career followed, including twenty years as a Head Teacher. On retirement she became a Specialist Member of the Special Needs Tribunal for Wales. She lives in Disley, between Manchester and the Peak District."

• The Antioch Testament
      by Donald Joiner
    View Review

Officially rated 2 out of 4!
    View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published November 5, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "The author has had a varied career. He was a history teacher, school principal, school system superintendent, banker, and real estate appraiser. He is married, has four adult children and four grandchildren. He has taught Sunday school at his church for more than forty years. He previously authored a pictorial history of antebellum churches in Georgia."

• Grace Poured Out
      by Valerie M. Herndon

View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published August 16, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Valerie Herndon has been involved in teaching youth for twenty years, from children's church to teaching P.E. in a private Christian school. She has been a wife for 37 years and mom to three beautiful children. She enjoys working out, cooking, shopping and spending time with her fun-loving friends. She loves quiet evenings at home in her dream castle with husband, Wes and their two dogs, Jackie and Jill. These days, Valerie and Wes teach a marriage class at church where they get to share life experiences with other couples. But, her greatest joy is spending time with her grandchildren Luke, Jacob, and Laurie Kate."

• Prague: My Long Journey Home
      by Charles Ota Heller

View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published October 13, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Charles Ota Heller was born in Prague three years before the country was occupied by Germany. Today, he is a writer, having published an award-winning memoir, Prague: My Long Journey Home. It was translated into Czech and published (as Dlouhá cesta dom?) by Mladá Fronta, the nation’s largest publisher. His lighthearted memoir, titled Name-droppings: Close Encounters with the Famous and Near Famous was published in 2013. His writing career began in college as columnist, then story editor, and eventually editor of the Oklahoma State Engineer magazine, which was named the “Best in the Nation” under his leadership. He has been a columnist for the Baltimore News-American, Daily Record, The Public Enterprise, The Capital, and Washington Business Journal. Additionally, he is the author of a technical book (published by Elsevier) and has written a number of freelance magazine articles on business, entrepreneurship, skiing, and sailing. He is a member of the Authors’ Guild and the Maryland Writers’ Association, and he sits on the editorial board of Capital-Gazette newspapers. With the exception of occasional management consulting assignments and service on a number of boards of directors, he is now a full-time writer. In the past, he has been: a venture capitalist, an academic, and an entrepreneur—founder and CEO of two software companies. He holds three engineering degrees: BS and MS from Oklahoma State University and Ph.D. from The Catholic University of America. He was recipient of: Maryland’s “Entrepreneur-of-the-Year” award, Oklahoma State’s Lohmann Medal, and CUA’s Alumni Achievement Award. He was the youngest-ever tenured professor at the Naval Academy and the first Professor of Practice in the history of the University of Maryland. In 2015, he was inducted into the Oklahoma State University Hall of Fame. Charlie is married, has one son and three grandchildren; he and Sue have lived in the Annapolis, Maryland, area since 1963. Besides writing, his favorite activities are: reading, skiing, golf, boating, and hiking. In college, he earned a basketball scholarship and also played tennis, soccer, and volleyball."

• Training Black Spirit
      by Dr. William Conwill

View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published August 28, 2016

Genre: Young Adult
    View book: on Bookshelves | on B&N

About the Author: "Dr. William Conwill is a psychologist, healer, martial arts instructor, and university professor with doctorate from Stanford University. He has served in a number of leadership roles in health, educational and governmental institutions. He is the winner of many awards, including UF Black Student Assembly 2008 Scholarship Award, AMCD Presidential Award for Meritorious Service and Exemplary Diversity Leadership Award, Florida Gold Coast Martial Arts Hall of Fame (Master Instructor) Inductee, Ringshout the Route National Rite of Initiation into African American Culture (Distinguished Elder), Arts of the Samurai Inochi Award, 2007 and numerous martial arts medals."

• Through the Gates
      by A.V. Schmidlin

View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published March 8, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "A.V. Schmidlin lives with her family in the seaside village of Manomet, Massachusetts, where her sanity is attributed to the roll of the tides."

• Girl With a Star Spangled Heart
      by Elaine Fields Smith

View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published July 23, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on B&N

About the Author: "Elaine Fields Smith is a native Texan, author of several books based on true life experiences. She has been married 34 years and lives on 82 acres in rural Texas. With insight into people and superior observation skills, her books take you to the setting and entertain you for hours."

• The Bennett Women
      by Roberta R. Carr

View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published September 23, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Roberta R. Carr lives in Northern California with her husband, Andy. She had an enjoyable career in the health care industry before leaving to become a full-time writer. She likes creating heartfelt stories that are driven by a character's emotional journey. Her travel experiences usually weave their way into her plots. She has published three novels: The Vernazza Effect (2013), The Foundation (2014), and The Bennett Women (2015). She and her 9-year-old granddaughter, Collette, are currently collaborating on a children's book called, Vanessa's Rotten Day, and she is conducting research on her fourth novel, which is a sequel to The Bennett Women. In 2005, Roberta and Andy published a non-fiction book called, The 8th Field Hospital, which chronicles Andy's experiences as a physician (Andrew C. Carr, MD) during the Vietnam war in 1966, as well as, his poignant return to the country in 2004."

• The Tears of Olive Trees
      by AbdulKarim Al Makadma

View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published September 7, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Dr. AbdulKarim Al Makadma is an internationally respected pediatrician and academic. Born and raised in Al Shati refugee camp in Gaza, he lived under military occupation and survived two major wars before leaving Gaza for medical school in Egypt in 1976. Dr. Al Makadma has practiced medicine in different Middle Eastern countries, rising to prominence in the fields of pediatrics and adolescent medicine. He is the author of several books in the health field and has published articles in prestigious international medical journals. As a clinician, teacher and mentor and through his humanitarian efforts, he has made friends across the globe. Dr. Al Makadma immigrated to Canada in the early 2000s, but his heart will always remain in Palestine."

• I Found My Heart In Prague
      by Colleen Michaels

View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published June 14, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "While writing this novel the song 'Just the Way You Are' by Bruno Mars was a big inspiration for the character of Liz. Play the song while reading about her and I hope you will feel the same way. My sister and I were lucky to grow up in a home where being a romantic was almost inevitable. Mom and dad showed us a steady diet of Disney movies and my mother would also have us watch films like 'Dirty Dancing,' 'When Harry Met Sally,' and numerous other romances. My passion for writing romantic novels came after reading Pride and Prejudice. I read the book in three days and from there, I always knew I would write a novel one day. Due to my father's job, we moved around quite a bit while I was growing up. I've lived in: New York, Michigan, California, Oklahoma, and Luxembourg. We've also traveled all around the world from Africa to Central America. This allowed me to witness so many different kinds of cultures and meet people with every kind of opinion on life. I went to school at the University of Oklahoma where I have a degree in Journalism and minors in English and Film and Video Studies. Throughout all my travels and life experiences, I've found two things to be consistently important to people; love and hope. I want my novels to always represent those two ideals."

• The Way You Love Me
      by Valarie Lovelight
    View Review

Officially rated 2 out of 4!
    View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published January 23, 2017

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

About the Author: "Hi and welcome to my world of fiction! It contains romance, poetry, mystery, fantasy, inspirational and Christian fiction also, suspense, non-fiction, self-help…etc. I think you get the picture. I grew up reading Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys, scholastic and Harlequin to name a few. So, please pull up a seat and enjoy what myself and others have written for your enjoyment. Hugs and love from me to you!"

• Every Time We Say Goodbye
      by Liz Flaherty

View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published May 23, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Liz Flaherty thinks one of the things that keeps you young when you quite obviously aren’t anymore is the constant chances you have to reinvent yourself. Her latest professional incarnation is as a Harlequin Heartwarming author and she is enjoying every minute!"

• The Last Honest Man in Havana
      by Melanie Furlong-Riesgo

View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published April 17, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Melanie Furlong-Riesgo was born in 1971 and grew up in Nova Scotia, British Columbia and Ontario, Canada. After graduating from Acadia University with a major in Spanish, she completed a B.Ed T.E.S.L. at Brock University. She taught English in the Czech Republic for three years and met her Cuban-born husband there. They now live in Nova Scotia with their two beautiful children. Melanie has been writing for various publications since 2001. The Last Honest Man in Havana is her first novel."

• Winter Light
      by Robin Maderich

View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published December 22, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Whether writing sweet or spicy, Smalltown USA, historical, or thrilling paranormal, one theme underlies every tale, and that is love. Love found, love lost, love regained. Love for family, friends, lover, spouse. I wrote my first book many years ago, at the age of seven, about the love of a very young girl for her horse. Nowadays, I write romance and general women's fiction, as well as young adult--which I hope to introduce to my readers in the near future. The lovely rural village in Pennsylvania that I call home can often be found in the settings of many of my stories. I cannot help it. The natural beauty of the area enamors me. When time allows, I paint, a pastime also influenced by the daily changing landscape. The majority of my inspiration, however, comes from you, the readers. I never fail to be touched by your enthusiasm. Thank you, one and all."

• The Tender Bonds
      by Ute Carbone

View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published August 2, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N | on Smashwords

About the Author: "Hi, I'm Ute and I like to write. I'm the author of seven full length novels and five novellas to date. When I'm not writing, I enjoy walking in the woods, skiing, cooking, and eating chocolate. I should also mention that I'm a hopeless romantic."

• Back to McGuffey's
      by Liz Flaherty

View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published July 12, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Liz retired from the post office and promised to spend at least fifteen minutes a day on housework. Not wanting to overdo things, she’s since pared that down to ten. She spends non-writing time sewing, quilting, and doing whatever else she wants to. She and Duane, her husband of…oh, quite a while, are the parents of three and grandparents of the Magnificent Seven. They live in the old farmhouse in Indiana they moved to in 1977. They’ve talked about moving, but really…38 years’ worth of stuff? It’s not happening! She’d love to hear from you at lizkflaherty@gmail"

• Learning to Float
      by Allan Ament

View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published June 13, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N | on iTunes

About the Author: "After successful careers as a criminal defense attorney, higher education administrator and instructor, and day spa manager, Allan Ament now enjoys retirement with his wife, an award-winning journalist and author, and a semi-neurotic cat (is there any other kind?). They live on an island in Puget Sound, north of Seattle, where in addition to writing and being his wife's primary caregiver, Ament serves as board chair for the Northwest Institute of Literary Arts (nila.edu). His work has previously appeared in academic, professional, and literary journals, and is included in an upcoming anthology, Being: What Makes a Man. This is his first book-length work."

• "Whats Your Favorite Song?"
      by G. Ross Kelly

View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published May 1, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "G. Ross Kelly is one of ten children of George and Emma Kelly. Growing up, he performed song and dance routines with his nine brothers and sisters as part of their Mother’s musical shows, and played drums in his Mother’s band. After retiring from a successful career in the consulting industry, he is the founder of EmmaSaid Productions, a non-profit enterprise dedicated to promoting the art of songwriting, and assisting songwriters in the creation, recording and promotion of their original music."

• And I Shall Be Healed
      by Julia Lee Dean

View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published April 20, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Julia Lee Dean holds a BA (Hons) in English & Italian Literature from the University of Warwick and a Masters degree in the History of Medicine & Science from Birkbeck College, University of London and was a member of the Young Writers’ Programme at the Royal Court Theatre before training as an actress at Rose Bruford College. She has written plays, sketches and monologues which have been performed at festivals in London, Cambridge and Belfast as well as venues in Canada and the US. In 2010 she spent six months as a stand up comic, performing at clubs in London and at the Edinburgh Festival. She has worked in publishing, Advertising Regulation and holds a diploma in Employment Law from the Trade Union Congress (UK) and worked for ten years as a private tutor to school-age children and adults. She moved to Bonn in August 2014 where she works as an English teacher and editor. She is currently working on her second novel."

• When Lyric Met Limerick
      by Dawn V. Cahill

View official review by NadineTimes10 - Published April 11, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Dawn V. Cahill believes stories that entertain and inspire are a great way to teach life lessons. “The characters in my stories come up against situations that aren’t always pretty, just like real life. But God can take the messiest of stories and turn it into a happy ending.” Along with word-crunching, Ms. Cahill also crunches numbers, and can’t live without her morning frappuccino. With her background in journalism, she is the designated go-to person in her family for entertaining stories and poems. She wrote her first story at age 5, and at age 8 heard one of her stories read on a children’s radio program. She has written several newspaper articles, two Christian contemporary novels, and more limericks than she can count."

Page last updated: January 23, 2017, 2:58 pm