Books Reviewed by L_Therese

• Knowing is not Enough
      by Patricia Walker Chatman

View official review by L_Therese - Published October 17, 2014

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon | View book on B&N

About the Author: "For over twenty years, Patricia Walker Chatman has worked in the human service industry. In 2010, Patricia accepted a Faculty Associate position facilitating Financial Management for Human Services and various Business Topics. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Resources with a specialization in Training and Development. A Master Degree in Public Policy and Administration, and anticipates completing her doctorate in Public Policy Administration, May 2014. Knowing Is Not Enough is Patricia's first novel."

• Why Do They Leave Christianity And Come To Islam? A Scriptural Quest For The Truth
      by Aicha Zoubair

View official review by L_Therese - Published March 19, 2014

Genre: Non-Fiction | View book on Amazon | View book on B&N

About the Author: "Aicha Zoubair is a freelance writer who has self published her first book: "WHY DO THEY LEAVE CHRISTIANITY AND COME TO ISLAM? A scriptural quest for the truth." Years ago, freelance writer and independent researcher Aicha Zoubair casually observed a trend in religion. A practicing Muslim, she noticed a large number of individuals converting from Christianity to Islam. Fascinated by this personal examination, she decided to pursue the truth in this movement for herself. With no advanced religious degrees or credentials, Zoubair took it on herself to research the religion that is affected by this transition. Zoubair's research examined both Christian and Muslim texts and traditions and found why so many Christians find a new understanding of God in Islam. Her findings lead her to write the book "Why Do They Leave Christianity and Come to Islam? A Scriptural Quest for the Truth." With extensive personal insight complementing her systemic research of the two religions, this recently released book is already leaving quite the impression, as yet another piece of the truth."

• The Story of an Ordinary Lion
      by Janet Doolaege

View official review by L_Therese - Published December 11, 2014

Genre: Young Adult | View book on Amazon | View book on B&N

About the Author: "I am a British writer married to a Frenchman and living in France. I began my career as a translator and eventually became Chief of the English Translation Unit at UNESCO. All my life I have written, and I have self-published two contemporary novels with a paranormal twist, set in Paris, a memoir of two rescued birds, and three books for children. I will never part with my own treasured collection of children's books."

• Energy Dependence Day
      by Christian F. Burton

View official review by L_Therese - Published April 15, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon | View book on B&N

About the Author: "Christian Burton is a graduate of the United States Air Force Academy. As a member of the air force intelligence community, his military service included stops in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, South Korea, Japan, and Germany. He leveraged his experiences overseas in crafting Energy Dependence Day."

• The Hawks of Kamalon
      by Michael Reisig

View official review by L_Therese - Published April 5, 2014

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Michael Reisig has been writing professionally for 15 years. He is a former newspaper editor and publisher, an award-winning columnist, and a best-selling novelist. His works have been optioned for motion pictures, sold to overseas publishers, and produced for ebooks and audio. He attended high school and college in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. After college, he relocated to the Florida Keys, established a commercial diving business, got his pilot's license, and traveled extensively throughout the southern hemisphere, diving, treasure hunting, adventuring, and writing about his travels. He admits that a great many of the situations and the characters in his novels are authentic, but nothing makes a great read like experience... Go to amazon.com, or Michael's website at michael-reisig.com, to learn more about his works."

• The Pilot
      by Victoria Winters

View official review by L_Therese - Published January 5, 2014

Genre: Non-Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "I was born in Plovdiv, Bulgaria and lived there until I turned 19, that's when I moved to London to study. I have a BA in International Hotel Management and a Master's degree in Marketing from The University of West London, where one of my favourite musicians - Freddy Mercury used to study. A writer since childhood, I have published my poetry in my university's magazine as well as articles on the web. A non-native speaker of English, I am inspired by authors like Nicolas Sparks and have, with the support of family and friends, achieved my goal of writing a novel in English. I am currently working on two other projects, which should be finished by the end of 2014."

• Flying Horse Revealed
      by Adele J Jean

View official review by L_Therese - Published December 11, 2013

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "I have a passion for all things horse related and have spent a lifetime owning and working with these selfless creatures. I love learning and passing on useful tips and techniques about interacting with them. I also love reading, writing, do-it-yourself projects, keeping fit and healthy eating. I began publishing non-fiction and fiction relatively recently (thanks Amazon!) and just love this creative avenue. I sincerely hope others enjoy my works and maybe learn something that helps them with their horses along the way too..."

• The Fifth Season
      by Rayna Dee

View official review by L_Therese - Published December 11, 2013

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Rayna Dee is a 24 by 7 mom, a wife, a loving one when needs be and a winger in the corporate world. She was eight the first time she thought of becoming an author someday. Then making a living happened and soon she forgot she ever had such an ambition. It came back to her after many, many years, on one of her cringe-inciting corporate winging sessions. Besides writing, she loves to go hiking to get away from the city din. And after a long hike, she makes up for the lost calories by indulging in a scrumptious gourmet meal; San Francisco chefs have spoilt her rotten."

• A Perfect Victim
      by Patricia Dusenbury

View official review by L_Therese - Published October 13, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon | View book on B&N

About the Author: "In her previous career, Patricia Dusenbury was an economist and the author of numerous dry publications. She is hoping to atone by writing mystery stories that people read for pleasure. Uncial Press epublished A Perfect Victim, Book 1 of her Claire Marshall trilogy, in 2013 and Book 2, Secrets, Lies and (should be ampersand) Homicide, in September 2014. Book 3 is a work in progress. When she isn't writing, Pat is reading, gardening, babysitting for the grandkids or exploring San Francisco, her new home, with her husband. In late April and early May, you can find her in New Orleans, soaking up the sounds of Jazz Fest."

• Ursula, Sisters of Prophecy Book 1
      by Jude Pittman and Gail Roughton

View official review by L_Therese - Published October 8, 2014

Genre: Romance/Erotic | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Jude Pittman is the author of the romantic suspense series, "A Murder State of Mind" Deadly Secrets, Deadly Betrayal and Deadly Consequences. multi-genre author Gail Roughton writes the paranormal romantic suspense series, War-N-Wit, Inc. and the dark romance series, Dark, as well as her current hit suspense Country Justice."

• Rose Wood
      by Sharon Mikeworth

View official review by L_Therese - Published October 1, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon | View book on B&N

About the Author: "Sharon Mikeworth was born and raised in South Carolina, where she still lives with her husband and children. After graduating from college, she worked as a computer programmer, instructor, and tutor. She began writing her first novel, Rose Wood, while spending time at an authentic Southern plantation. She now divides her time between her family and her writing."

• A Patch Of Blue
      by Sharon Mikeworth

View official review by L_Therese - Published October 1, 2014

• Random Targets
      by James Raven

View official review by L_Therese - Published September 24, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "James Raven has been a journalist for most of his working life. After reporting for newspapers he moved into television as a news scriptwriter. He then worked his way up to become Director of a UK News Division. He now runs his own TV production company. James spends much of his time writing and travelling. He is also an accomplished magician. He is the author of a number of crime novels including bestsellers MALICIOUS AND AFTER THE EXECUTION. His other books are Rollover, Stark Warning, Urban Myth and Arctic Blood."

• After Dark
      by Michae A. DiBaggio, Shell DiBaggio

View official review by L_Therese - Published September 16, 2014

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Mike and Shell DiBaggio are a husband and wife team whose love for storytelling began with an early passion for superhero comics, SF-Fantasy novels, and role playing games. Together, they write and draw stories set in their own Ascension Epoch setting, a shared universe for adventure fiction based on the public domain and released under Creative Commons. There are four illustrated Ascension Epoch books following an array of heroes, super-powered and not, from the Pittsburgh-based teen team The East End Irregulars; to the immortal techno-wizard the Promethean; and the Signalman, Victorian-era hero of the Martian War."

• The Romantic
      by Felix Alexander

View official review by L_Therese - Published September 2, 2014

Genre: Romance/Erotic | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Acclaimed by readers for his poetic prose, his most popular poetry with a collection of love letters, titled: Dear Love: Diary of a Man's Desire is also available on Amazon in paperback and ebook format. He is the proud father of two children, and when he isn't making the most of his time with them, he embarks on the journey into the corridors of his mind. After his honorable discharge from the U.S. Army, he embarked on the long and arduous journey of a writer. Having made a name for himself during his tenure, serving his country, he vowed to himself and his fellow soldiers that he would answer his true calling."

• Seduction
      by Shayla Hart
    View Review

Officially rated 1 out of 4!
    View official review by L_Therese - Published September 2, 2014

Genre: Romance/Erotic | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Shayla Hart is 28 years old. She is a professional Chef with Qualifications in Hospitality and Catering. She was born and raised in London, UK. She has two sons, and is happily married. Her family are from North Cyprus, She is of Turkish heritage and visits home to see her extended family as much as possible. While she loves reading, she never thought of herself as a writer, she doesn't have a fancy degree from a top notch University. She got married very young. At the tender age of 17 when she got married and 18, she her first baby. She never really had the opportunity to figure out what she wanted to be, because she was busy being learning to be a mother instead and fully dedicating herself to her family. Shayla decided to start writing back in 2007. She had a few things going on in her life at that point, where she had lost touch of who she was and she wound up pretty depressed. "One day, I opened a word document and stared blankly at the cursor for a while and decided to get my emotions out on paper - so to speak. That's how Seduction became. It was meant as a short story, but I just kept writing and writing until I got over my depression. I might not be the worlds best Author, but every word I wrote in that book came straight from my heart. " Shayla told her readers. Writing this book really helped turn her life around and it holds a very special place in her heart."

• So You Wanna Date An Activist?
      by Barbara Payne

View official review by L_Therese - Published July 11, 2014

Genre: Non-Fiction | View book on B&N

About the Author: "Barb Payne is a second generation Nader Raider who has been working on justice issues for almost 15 years. She was awarded a Georgia State Senate Proclamation for her work on behalf of Atlanta taxpayers and has been featured over 500 times in the Atlanta, Georgia and National Media markets. The local Atlanta Fox affiliate called her a "Newsmaker" for her work as a government watchdog. She currently writes for Atlanta Progressive News and is pursing her Masters degree in Public Administration in Portland, Oregon."

• The Last Virgin Alive
      by Stephanie Crosby

View official review by L_Therese - Published June 4, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Stephanie Crosby enjoys turning ugly things to beautiful ones. She is inspired by the works of Eager Alan Poe and enjoys using her life experiences of love, ex-friends, ex-boyfriends and crushes to create stories readers can connect. She feels that feels she might as well take advantage of her experiences and heartaches and turn them into her beautiful stories and books. The Last Virgin Alive is her debut novel."

• Don't Hit Me!
      by Vanessa de Largie

View official review by L_Therese - Published May 29, 2014

Genre: Non-Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Vanessa de Largie is an award winning actress and multi-published author. She is based in Melbourne, Australia."

• The Final Frontier
      by H M Irwing
  • The Dream King's Courier: Payback
      by Patrice Sikora

View official review by L_Therese - Published May 1, 2014

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy | View book on Amazon | View book on B&N

About the Author: "Patrice Sikora is actually my boss and friend. This is her first book and it is self-published but she is one of best people I know and I only want to give her book the chance to be a success."

• Martha's Vineyard
      by Neil Griffin

View official review by L_Therese - Published April 23, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon | View book on B&N

About the Author: "Neil Griffin is a husband, father and grandfather who lives in the North East of England. As a teacher he has found himself in settings from mainstream comprehensives to high security prisons. As a musician and entertainer he performed with his band "The Fabulous Wildon Brothers" on stages from the "Blood tub" workingmen's club, Stockton upon Tees to the Royal Albert Hall in London. As a local politician he has served as a member of Arts Council England and as Mayor of Durham City. A role which brought, vegetarian, Neil to the attention of the nation's media when the fur on the mayoral robes was replaced with fake fur and he became nicknamed the "Veggie Burgher" by the UK's national press. After the success of Martha's Vineyard, his first novel, Neil has given up teaching to write full time. His latest novel, The Church Across the Street, was released on August 1st 2013."

• Between Land and Sea
      by Joanne Guidoccio

View official review by L_Therese - Published April 17, 2014

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "In high school, I dabbled in poetry, but decided to wait until I had more life experiences before writing a novel. The original plan was to get a general arts degree and take a few years off to travel and write. Instead, I gave in to my practical Italian side and obtained degrees in mathematics and education. While I experienced many satisfying moments during my teaching career, I never found the time and energy to write. In 2008, I took advantage of early retirement. Slowly, a writing practice emerged, and my articles and book reviews started appearing in newspapers, magazines and online. My debut novel, Between Land and Sea, a paranormal romance about a middle-aged mermaid, was released by Soul Mate Publishing on September 17, 2013."

• BALANCE
      by Glenn A Edwards

View official review by L_Therese - Published March 9, 2014

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Glenn A Edwards is Fulltime military for the KY National Guard and when time allows he is a member of the KBRO ( Kentucky Bigfoot Research Organization) as an investigator. His first book was titled "Squatching Novice Guide Book" which is a beginners guide to becoming an investigator. From his passion of reading and interest in this elusive creature he combined both in a Fiction series with "BALANCE" being the first and the next two titled, "THE RISING" and "THE VANQUISHED." He has conducted two local signing of all of his work so far with surprising results and has scheduled others in the near future."

• Burn me naked
      by Vipin Behari Goyal

View official review by L_Therese - Published January 26, 2014

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Vipin Behari Goyal is a Financial Advisor in Government of Rajasthan by profession. His love for books is unparalleled making him an avid reader as well as a prolific writer. His debut English novel "Tall man small shadow" based on existentialism was published in July 2013. His prior writings include a travel handbook on "TirthRaj Pushkar" and a collection of Hindi poems titled "Tej Dhoop Ka Safar". He has also dabbled in documentary film making and is the maker of award-winning short film "Mines are Mine". Forthcoming Novels "Maya In Search of Tantric father" and "The old man and the nymph" ebook "Burn me naked"."

• Mating Rituals of Migratory Humans: A Novel of Sex, Restaurants and Redemption
      by Jason R. Richter

View official review by L_Therese - Published November 9, 2013

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon | View book on B&N

About the Author: "Jason R. Richter is a Colorado native, ex-marine, ex-bartender with a savage sense of humor and a keen eye for the details of the human condition. He currently lives in Portland, Oregon with his wife Tianna."

• She Pulls Off the Interstate
      by Eugene Ahn

View official review by L_Therese - Published November 9, 2013

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "I am a student currently studying at Emory University. I was born in NC, and have since then traveled with my family all around Asia. I write in all genres, and am most prolific in horror, sci-fi, and crime and noir."

• The Most Uncommon Cold I - Life in the Time of Zombies
      by Jeffrey Littorno

View official review by L_Therese - Published October 23, 2013

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Jeffrey Littorno spent many years teaching English in the United States before going abroad to teach. After living in Kuwait, South Korea, Saipan, and Australia, Littorno returned to the United States and set about achieving his dream of writing novels. He now lives in Northern California with his wife Gye Yeol and a growing number of cats. When he is not writing, Littorno teaches prison inmates in Folsom, California. The ghost story 'Bloom's Desk' is Littorno's first novel. 'Soul Hostage', a dark fantasy, is his second. His third novel 'The Most Uncommon Cold I: Life in the Time of Zombies', the first part of a zombie series."

• The Cycle of Ages Saga: Finders Keepers
      by Barry Hayes; Jeremy Hicks

View official review by L_Therese - Published October 18, 2013

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy | View book on Amazon | View book on B&N

About the Author: "Barry Hayes was born in Aurora, Illinois but grew up in the mountains and coalfields of beautiful Southwest Virginia. Barry moved to Alabama and co-wrote the Cycle of Ages Saga: Finders Keepers with his friend, Jeremy Hicks. The novel was published in July of 2013 by Dark Oak Press. The first book in the series is now available in Kindle and Nook formats as well as trade paper and hardback editions from Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Books-A-Million. Barry has also co-written four yet to be sold screenplays. He currently resides in Alabama with wife, their two dogs and a small pride of house cats they have rescued over the years."

• The Hunting
      by Max Bolt

View official review by L_Therese - Published October 10, 2013

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon | View book on B&N

About the Author: "Max Bolt lives in Australia and has written many short stories and several novels. He works an office job during the days and spends his nights working on his next novel."

• STANDUP GUYS: A Generation of Laughs
      by John DeBellis

View official review by L_Therese - Published March 21, 2014

Genre: Non-Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "John originally started his descent into helplessness as a stand-up comic before turning to writing because he needed another way to express his depression. He wrote jokes for the likes of Rodney Dangerfield, Johnny Carson, David Letterman, Gabe Kaplan, Elayne Boozler, Billy Crystal, and Joe Piscopo before joining the writing staffs of "Saturday Night Live," "The Tonight Show," and "Politically Incorrect." He was the head writer for critically acclaimed D.C. Follies and has written for sitcoms so bad, to this day, he's too embarrassed to cash the checks. He was, however, the supervising producer of the ACE Award winning "Joe Piscopo Special" on HBO and also produced what the competing networks, said was the best special ever done about stand-up comedy, "Comedy Club Super Stars" on ABC."

• Faithful to the Truth: how to be an orthodox gay Catholic
      by Stephen C Lovatt

View official review by L_Therese - Published December 19, 2013

Genre: Non-Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Stephen Lovatt was borne in 1958 in Stoke-on-Trent, England. The jolt of his mother's death when he was fourteen, made him resolve to become a member of the Methodist Church. He was accepted to read physics at Trinity College in 1976. While at Cambridge, he discovered the works of Cardinal Newman and as a result was received into the Catholic Church in 1979. After graduating, he worked for about ten years in the electronics industry. In 1990, he returned to academic studies researching in relativistic quantum mechanics and multiple scattering theory at Bristol University. After obtaining his doctorate in Physics, he returned to the electronics industry, before conducting a stint of post-doctoral research in the fields of Density Functional Theory of the Physics of Liquids. In 2002 he began two years of teacher training, after which he was appointed lecturer at the Army School of Electrical and Aeronautical Engineering."

• The Way I Remember it - Alf : Xlibris
      by Al Forbes

View official review by L_Therese - Published October 11, 2013

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon | View book on B&N

About the Author: "My name is Allen Forbes, trying day by day just to get by, I have been writing poetry all my life. Recently I published my first collection, and I continue to write. My poems portray my feelings and thoughts, they are a part of me and I a part of them. Other then my poetry, my life is my family, my wife and children are also a lot of the inspiration for my work. I hope you enjoy."

• The Dark Genesis of Daniel James
      by Kevin Riley

View official review by L_Therese - Published October 10, 2013

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "I am a graphic designer and avid reader who turned to writing when I needed a new creative outlet. It took two years to finish my first novel but have since completed a novella and will be publishing another novel and novella by the end of the year."

Page last updated: December 12, 2014, 12:00 pm