July Book of the Month

417 posts on the forums

About kismoody

Favorite book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Favorite author: Rick Riordan

Interests: I love fantasy, mystery, adventure, science fiction, and paranormal fiction.

• Strange Happenings : Leprechaun Tales
      by Julian Coppola-Zahavi

View official review by kismoody - Published June 15, 2014

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: " Julian Coppola-Zahavi was educated at AMDA, Woodbury University, and through UCLA Extension. She is the recipient of a presidential accolade. Julian seeks to write books which will enhance readers lives. She loves her step-kids, and her sweet dog Jack. "

• The Flame: Mode Of Living
      by Bornbazie Flame

View official review by kismoody - Published June 12, 2014

Genre: Non-Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Born into the bloodline of initiates, within a fraternal order title 'Carriers of The flame,' a secret society so secret it is unknown to all but initiates. Pertaining blood consanguinity with the First Son, I Bornbazie was inaugurated Eye of the Carriers, and designated - Keeper of The Flame. Granted to me is absolute access to a totality of information withheld from outsiders. Due to my assumed exit from this world, I feel obligated by duty to scribe and expose knowledge concealed from the age before myth and legend transformed to fantasy."

• How To Be Popular With Boys (And Other Advice For Teens)
      by Jennifer Jackson

View official review by kismoody - Published June 7, 2014

Genre: Non-Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "This is my first book. I spent several years as an administrative assistant and was laid off in September of 2013. At that point I decided to take some time to do something I'd been wanting to do for years -- write a book for today's teen girls. I wanted to cover the topic of boys and how to attract them, but more than that I wanted to warn and advise girls about situations they may encounter, not only in dating, but also in life. Having heard a lot of "horror" stories about teen girls who made bad judgment calls made me realize that many parents these days are out of touch, or perhaps they're just too busy to understand what their daughters are going through. I wanted to write a guidebook for these girls."

• Hybrid
      by Justin Anderson

View official review by kismoody - Published May 5, 2014

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "I love stories. Good stories. With great characters and fast plots. I just published my first novel, Hybrid, a post-apocalyptic, intense adventure. I hope you will love it! I also draw a ton and illustrate my own novels. And I animate, play music, and just do lots of creative stuff."

• Short Stories From the Heart
      by H.C.Heartland

View official review by kismoody - Published May 3, 2014

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "I am a new author who has done small amounts of writing and is trying to work up towards a novel. I am very grateful for your offer to review as I would like to improve in my writing."

• My Funny Valentine (The Jack Valentine Saga)
      by Keagan Boodram

View official review by kismoody - Published May 3, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon

About the Author: " My name is Keagan Lorenzo Marc Boodram. I was born on September the 6th in the year of our Lord 1991. I began in childhood creating stories and acting them out because I lacked the experience as a child to write them down. When I turned 17 however things changed as I had an education and starting writing my first novel in 2008 and finishing in 2009. Since then I have written several poems and am now working on my second novel. I graduated from Secondary School with high honors in English Language and Literature. "

• The True Virus
      by Charles Vrooman

View official review by kismoody - Published May 1, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "The author has a B.S. degree in Microbiology and an A.S. degree in Computer Systems. He is licensed by the State of California as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist. He has also been registered as a Medical Technologist with the American Society of Clinical Pathologist for over 25 years. He has been recognized for a number of scientific papers published in professional journals in his line of work. He has not only won an award, but has also received good reviews for his first published thriller novel - "Green Power". "The True Virus" is his second novel."

• Ningaloo
      by Bernie Spain
    View Review

Officially rated 2 out of 4!
    View official review by kismoody - Published May 1, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon

About the Author: " Resident of Perth, Western Australia. Married with 3 daughters. Have been a freelance writer for several years for organisations such as the Education Dept. Wrote a movie script entitled Gold Diggers currently looking for a producer. Enjoys writing in all forms. "

• The Goblin King and the Rare Dragonfly
      by Kiara Loganathan

View official review by kismoody - Published April 29, 2014

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy | View book on Amazon

About the Author: " Kiara is a 11 year old grade 7pupil who resides in Durban, South Africa. Kiara is captivated and inspired by the mythical world of wizardry and magic. She possesses an enchanting imagination beyond her years which is evident in her writing. She is a keen collector of dragons, fairies and crystals. "

• Hate Your Job? The Essential Guide to Improving Job Satisfaction Without Making a Career Change
      by Michelle Wood

View official review by kismoody - Published April 29, 2014

Genre: Non-Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Author is a reformed job-hater and writer who wants everyone to enjoy the gift of job satisfaction. She currently resides in the Midwest where she enjoys raising honeybees with her husband and working her corporate America job from the comfort of her home office."

• The Vitandi
      by Denver Batiste

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Denver has always had a strange fascination with vampires, and wanted to write a story that steered away from the traditional "I vant to suck your blaaahhhd" genre that has sorely been played to the extreme. Being from a small town in Tennessee, the Bible was a significant part of her life, and she especially enjoyed the New Testament and the stories relating Christ's life. Always curious, she never understood why the Bible didn't go into more detail about the life of Jesus as a youth or the lives of His beloved apostles after his crucifixion So, she asked herself "What if the Apostles were punished for abandoning Jesus and leaving Him to be crucified? What if they were doomed to live forever with the knowledge of their betrayal?" That's when it came to her. Denver was going to write a book, merging her two passions, vampire lore and Biblical characters to break away from the humdrum, biting on the neck, look into my eyes, nonsense that has been the staple of all vampire tales. Instead, she developed a story using a different method of transformation. After 10 years of laborious fact checking and meticulous reading, The Vitandi, her first novel was born."

• 4 Rms w Vu
      by Susana H. Case

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Susana H. Case is a Professor and Program Coordinator at the New York Institute of Technology. Her photos have appeared in Blue Hour Magazine, pacificREVIEW, and San Pedro River Review, among others. Author of several chapbooks, her Slapering Hol Press chapbook, The Scottish Cafe, was published in a dual-language version, Kawiarnia Szkocka, by Poland's Opole University Press. She is the author of four full-length collections, including Elvis Presley's Hips and Mick Jagger's Lips (Anaphora Literary Press), and, most recently, 4 Rms w Vu (Mayapple Press)."

• The Alchemist's Revenge
      by Peter Cakebread

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "I'm a partner in a small company called Cakebread and Walton. Since 2009 I have written, or co-written, over fifteen books. Most of my material has been for roleplaying games, but I have written two novels, The Alchemist's Revenge and The Morecambe Medium (a cozy murder mystery, set in the Victorian era). I'm the co-author of the multi-award winning Abney Park's Airship Pirates RPG and the Clockwork and Chivalry RPG."

• Dirty Baggs
      by Joe DeCicco

View official review by kismoody - Published April 11, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Joe DeCicco is a retired New York City Detective who originally attended college to practice electrical engineering.Joe explains that his writings come from an inner need to share his experiences with others in a well-defined attempt to show that, "The Job", is not a vocation but an avocation that spans all the nuances of the human spirit. His entertaining works show sometimes complex personalities of those who choose to be the daily guardians of our society, while fulfilling the public's ongoing interest with police work."

• Fire and Ice
      by Shawn Hilton and Toni Force

View official review by kismoody - Published March 26, 2014

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Shawn Hilton I joined the U.S. Army young and began writing as a way to entertain my mind. My stories have romance in some form or another (Even when it is a lunatic Vampire who thinks sleeping in his victim's blood is enjoyable.). I like my characters to have a thread of reality to them. Maybe their actions are fantastic and can stretch the imagination, their personalities, their reasons for their anger or other emotions all have to feel real to me. I was born in Washington D.C. but was raised all through the states of Maryland and Virgnia. I have lived in Germany and Egypt. I have traveled through Europe and I look forward to more for both research and pleasure. I currently live in Germany where I am close to my three children who always with out fail are close to my heart. I have worked as a soldier, a paramedic, and nurse. I have worked in a warehouse as a everything from stock boy, to floor manager, and I try to bring that feel of harsh reality and life lived into everything I write. Toni Force I have always enjoyed reading a variety of genres as long as the story is good. Romances however, have always been my favorites followed closely by fantasy or paranormal stories. Combine the two elements and I will re-read a story. I hope the stories I write will encourage the readers to re-read the story just because they enjoyed the ride the first time. I currently live in Michigan with my husband and two children."

• Recipes from the World's Great Kitchens
      by Norma Pallavi

View official review by kismoody - Published March 25, 2014

Genre: Non-Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Norma Pallavi is an avid traveler whose passions include international cultures and cuisines. She has helped to develop literacy projects in villages in India, in addition to providing social support to women and children in Ethiopia, Myanmar, and her native Brazil, where she has also published two cookbooks."

• Worms in the Apple
      by Joe DeCicco

View official review by kismoody - Published March 19, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "The author attended college to become an Electrical Engineer. His novesl reflect his personal dedication to his career as a police officer. Life's intricacies deemed he become a cop instead. Joe DeCicco is a retired New York Police Detective and is currently a licensed private investigator."

• Charlotte's Wed
      by Tammy Eckert

View official review by kismoody - Published March 11, 2014

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Tammy Eckert is the author of Charlotte's Wed and has been a wedding planner for fourteen years. She lives in Manitoba, Canada with her two children where she continues to plan dream weddings and is working on her next novel."

Page last updated: June 15, 2014, 5:00 am