July Book of the Month

170 posts on the forums

About JenniferBoyce

Favorite book: The Name of the Wind

Favorite author: Jared Diamond

Interests: reading, cycling, xc skiing, backpacking, relaxing

Location: Wisconsin

• The Devil's Handshake
      by Michael Reagan

View official review by JenniferBoyce - Published June 4, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Michael Reagan is a nom de plume. Initially working as an analyst specializing in Corporate Solutions and Planning for a private bank, he was there right at the start of the crazy years of Yeltsin-led Russia. Gaining first hand insight into how the Oligarchs did business in the early days of a Russia struggling to embrace capitalism. Some of Michael's experiences have provided in part, the background to his Litchfield character, the chief protagonist of the book. By the end of the 1990s, employed in a rather peculiar role, within a private office of a royal family in the Middle East he found himself gaining insight not just into the workings of the region's royal families and their various governments, but also seeing just how Natural Resources have and will continue to effect the "doing of business" between the governments of the world and the multifarious characters involved. Negotiating everything from hunting rights, the paying of gambling debts of young sheikhs, to oil and gas deals, he refers to it as a life that was never dull but certainly not for the fainthearted and one that often found him questioning his "Devil's Bargain". Michael doesn't maintain a website or a twitter page, but you can find him on Facebook if you would like to drop him a line. The Devil's Handshake is his first novel on the adventures of the Litchfield family."

• Red Energy. An Alex Cave Adventure. Episode 3
      by James M. Corkill

View official review by JenniferBoyce - Published June 11, 2014

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "I'm the author of three sci-fi techno mysteries. There are no galactic battles or strange alien beings, just normal people thrown into unusual circumstances right here on planet earth."

• The Girl From Hanoi
      by Tom Myers

View official review by JenniferBoyce - Published June 4, 2014

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Traveling the world in the US Air Force during the Cuban Missile Crisis and the war in Vietnam meant landing in many exciting locales--some great, some not, and some almost too exotic to survive. Now I stay home and write about all the places I've been and the people I've encountered. But still I get itchy feet and a mind that wanders on the lookout for adventure. I don't expect that to ever change."

• Catch Me If You Dare
      by Tobin Michael

View official review by JenniferBoyce - Published May 9, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "I retired in January of 2011 from the United States Marshal Service after 27 years as an Inspector. During that time I traveled the United States working on some of the biggest trials and cases ever to take place. After retiring I was determined to write the book that had been floating around in my mind for that past 20 years. My Jake Mathews series focuses on United States Marshal Jake Mathews along with his wife Lora and son's."

• Among the Fallen Leaves (A Journal on the Battlefield of Cancer)
      by Celeste Reichert-Friedman

View official review by JenniferBoyce - Published May 5, 2014

Genre: Non-Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Celeste is a Grammy nominated singer-songwriter, composer and author. Notable written works include "Among the Fallen Leaves"; "Locked Inside"; "Single 101, 101 Reasons to Celebrate Being Single"; "Sunshine and Me"; "The Ladybug Who Lost Her Spots"; "The Country Roads Bed and Breakfast Directory"; and the forthcoming "State of Grace". All available on Amazon; Kindle; Kindle Fire; iPod; and iPhone."

• Winter Roses Never Die
      by Intrandescence - Pen name. Wendy Peterson -real name

View official review by JenniferBoyce - Published May 5, 2014

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Been writing all my life and have had ebooks for children published. Currently studying for a Bachelor of Communication."

• Whisper Independence
      by T.J. Patterson

View official review by JenniferBoyce - Published April 17, 2014

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "T.J. Patterson is the author of Whisper Independence, a sci-fi dystopian novel, which combines her interests in psychology, philosophy, and politics, as well as a passion for home improvement projects. She has a Ph.D. and teaches college psychology courses."

• The Mayakovski Assignment
      by Colin Webster

View official review by JenniferBoyce - Published April 17, 2014

Genre: C/T/M/H | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Colin Webster was born in the UK where he grew up in a steel-making town and began his working life in the steelworks. He gained a degree in engineering before he emigrated with his family to Australia in 1991. He continued to work as an engineer while writing in his spare time. The Mayakovski Assignment is his debut novel. He now lives with his wife in Queensland Australia. They have a son and a daughter and one grandchild."

• Earth and Below
      by Susana H. Case

View official review by JenniferBoyce - Published April 11, 2014

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "Susana H. Case is a Professor and Program Coordinator at the New York Institute of Technology. Author of several chapbooks, her Slapering Hol Press chapbook, The Scottish Cafe, was published in a dual-language version, Kawiarnia Szkocka, by Poland's Opole University Press. She is the author of four full-length collections, including Elvis Presley's Hips and Mick Jagger's Lips (Anaphora Literary Press), and 4 Rms w Vu (forthcoming, Mayapple Press)."

• The Death of a Doughnut
      by Tair Rafiq

View official review by JenniferBoyce - Published March 27, 2014

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy | View book on Amazon

About the Author: "I have been attempting to get my work published for quite some time. I have been taken on as a client by agents on two separate occasions, but those associations have ultimately proved fruitless. I am now seeking to find my break through ebook publishing and have thus ventured to self publish one of my short stories on the Amazon Kindle store."

• Another Sky
      by Fereshteh Roshan

View official review by JenniferBoyce - Published March 24, 2014

Genre: Other Fiction | View book on Amazon

About the Author: ""Fereshteh Roshan" is Bosnian. She is a humanitarian worker who spent 20 years of her life serving conflict and disaster affected beneficiaries in Bosnia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Thailand and Sri Lanka. Another Sky is her first novel."

Page last updated: June 11, 2014, 10:47 pm