OnlineBookClub.org

by Joseph Cools

View official review by greenstripedgiraffe - Published January 3, 2017

Genre: Other Fiction
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "The author has written 8 novels, a book of short stories and a children's book. He is currently working on his 9th novel. Cools is a semi-retired neuropsychologist who presents a unique perspective on relationships, and the healing power of love and friendship. He lives with his wife in rural Illinois, near most of their four children and six grandchildren. He and his wife have a passion for travel, always looking forward to the next of life's field trips."

• The Heart Taker Murders
      by Carl A Chase

View official review by greenstripedgiraffe - Published December 2, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Carl A Chase , was born in 1949, in Gum Springs province of Alexandria Va. He served 2 years in the United States Army. One year in Vietnam. After leaving the service he found work with the Government. He worked for 40 years then retired in 2011. The Heart taker Murders is his 3rd Novel."

• Guardians In Blue
      by Ken Bangs
    View Review

Officially rated 4 out of 4!
    View official review by greenstripedgiraffe - Published November 3, 2016

Genre: Historical Fiction
    View book: on Bookshelves | on B&N

About the Author: "A native Texan Ken was born in Cooper, Delta County, Texas and raised in Plano, Collin County, Texas. He began his career in law enforcement walking a beat in downtown Dallas at the age of 19. Within a year, he was drafted into the army and assigned to Ft. Polk Louisiana for basic training. Following basic training, he was assigned to the Military Police Corps and deployed to the Alaskan Command, United States Army Alaska. At the end of his service, Ken returned to a career in law enforcement and public safety. He retired in 2002 having served the last twenty-five years of a thirty-five year career as the Director of Police, Security and Student Safety Services for the Plano Independent School District. Ken earned a B.S. in Criminal Justice from Sam Houston State University, a M.S. in Human Relations and Business Management from Amberton University and a Doctorate of Ministry in Christian Counseling from Jacksonville (Florida) Theological Seminary. Ken and Trudy (Turner) Bangs have been married 47 years. They have two children and two perfect grandchildren. They currently live in McKinney, Texas. Publications: Protecting Plano, School Planning and Management Magazine; v39, n2, p41-42, Feb. 2000 Rosco Jack of Gateway Farm, Black Rose Writing, May 15, 2014, ISBN 978-1-61296-354-9 Arctic Warriors, Black Rose Writing, April 16, 2015, ISBN 978-1-61296-594-8 The Adventurous Travels of J-Dog and Miranda, Black Rose Writing, October 18, 2015, ISBN 978-1-61296-603-8"

• Beyond All Recogition
      by Kenneth Eade

View official review by greenstripedgiraffe - Published November 22, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Described by critics as "one of our strongest thriller writers on the scene," author Kenneth Eade, best known for his legal and political thrillers, practiced law for 30 years before publishing his first novel, "An Involuntary Spy." Eade, an up-and-coming author in the legal thriller and courtroom drama genre, has been described by critics as "One of our strongest thriller writers on the scene and the fact that he draws his stories from the contemporary philosophical landscape is very much to his credit." He is the author of the "Brent Marks Legal Thriller Series", the fifth installment of which won best legal thriller in the 2015 Beverly Hills Book Awards, and the "Involuntary Spy Espionage Series". Said Eade of the comparisons, "Readers compare me in style to John Grisham and, there are some similarities, because John also likes to craft a story around real topics and we are both lawyers. However, all of my novels are rooted in reality, not fantasy. I use fictional characters and situations to express factual and conceptual issues. Some use the term 'faction' to describe this style, and it is present in all my fictional works." Eade has written eleven novels, which are now in the process of being translated into six languages. He is known to keep in touch with his readers, and offers a free Kindle book to all those who sign up at his web site."

• Hidden In Plain Sight
      by Sharon D Moore

View official review by greenstripedgiraffe - Published January 17, 2017

Genre: Other Fiction
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Sharon Denise Moore (writer, actress, singer, and inadvertent comedian) has a distinct worldview, largely informed by the first ten years of her life. In those years, she, the younger of two daughters born to a career Navy man from the southeastern U.S. and his wife, a career educator from the West Indies—both of whom deemed reading to be mandatory and stressed a commitment to serious study—came to share her parents’ and older sister’s deep love for books. The bold, quick-witted, sometimes mischievous “military brat” also developed a strong appreciation for cultural diversity and a penchant for people watching. She, to this day, enjoys sitting in public spaces, silently inventing backstories of people who cross her path. Such observations often spill into her work as a fiction writer, aiding her in creating characters whose behaviors and turns of phrase ring true. She resides in North Carolina with her feline fur-babies."

• Titan's Story
      by Joe Fowler

View official review by greenstripedgiraffe - Published September 4, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I have written 6 novels and 1 poker help book. I haven't been writing too long and am still learning. I hope I can still say I am learning after my 100th book."

• Ghost in Notes
      by Adithya Suresh

View official review by greenstripedgiraffe - Published August 24, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I'm 21 year old and yes, I'm an engineering graduate but apart from this, I'm a Music composer. Now, I have made my debut as an author with this book "Ghost in Notes."

Page last updated: January 17, 2017, 10:53 pm