OnlineBookClub.org

Favorite book: Pride and Prejudice

Favorite author: Agatha Christie

Currently reading: Closed Casket

Interests: Reading and reviewing

Location: Lost in a good book

• Love Blitz
      by Shana James

View official review by gali - Published September 4, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Shana James is a lifelong lover of books, having used them as an escape from the mundane in her small hometown in South Carolina when she was a kid. A professional communicator by trade, Shana is always looking for new and more creative ways of telling stories that pull at a reader's heartstrings, expands the imagination and brings about laughter. She's lived in seven states and loves traveling when she isn't chained to her desk working."

• Little Jimmy Says, "Same Is Lame"
      by Jimmy Vee

View official review by gali - Published May 1, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Jimmy Vee is known around the world as the Five Foot High Marketing Guy. He is living proof that big things really do come in small packages. He is a savvy CEO, a loving husband, a funny father, a bestselling business book author, a sought-after advertising copywriter, a wannabe musician, a master magician, a stand-up comedian and a stiff-lipped ventriloquist. This is his first children's book. All proceeds from this book will go to the Same Is Lame Foundation for children."

• Dark and Dreadful Forest
      by C. David Louis

View official review by gali - Published April 23, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Young and fresh out of college, C. David Louis found himself patrolling the city streets as a police officer in a major U.S. metropolitan area. Two years later, he realized a long career in blue was no longer his desire. He then began to work in social casework while returning to college at night studying for his teaching degree. He's spent the last 20-plus years in public education. Other than a couple of non-fiction technical manuals, Dark and Dreadful Forest is C. David Louis' first published work. As Louis puts it, "Finally, I found some direction for my lifelong love of writing.""

• Love, Lust, and Other Complications
      by P M George

View official review by gali - Published April 15, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "P M George was born and educated in Melbourne. A significant career as a psychologist, an educationalist and a coach has provided insights about relationship and human connection that has informed this debut novel. P M George is a pen name."

• Old Growth & Ivy
      by Jayne Menard

View official review by gali - Published September 24, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Jayne Menard likes to use words to paint the colors of nature as texture and context to situations and characters. Inspiration for her characters and novels may come from her life experience, daydreams and night dreams, as well as from her imagination. She resides on the stunningly beautiful and rugged Oregon coast and has a devilishly playful Pembroke Welsh Corgi to lure her out for walks. Jayne likes to cook and to garden, as well as sip Oregon pinots and French burgundies. She also travels and does photography. Her photography concentrates on villages and countrysides in Europe and other scenic locations."

• Falling Down the Aether Sky
      by Sekji Ani

View official review by gali - Published August 18, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "For the past 8 years, Sekji Ani has taught art at a university in the southwest US. Previous to this appointment, she earned her MFA in visual arts, also teaching art at a Boys and Girls Club in Providence and at a Spanish Language School in Tangiers. Sekji learned Arabic with a 10 year residence in Morocco and Polish while living near Krakow. When not exhibiting, writing, or walking her dogs, she studies Shotokan Karate, Japanese weaponry, and magic."

• Fathers House
      by C. Edward Baldwin

View official review by gali - Published January 5, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Fathers House is my debut novel. I also have a short story book out, A Needful Change and Other Stories. I graduated from NC A and T with a degree in Communications and I have a MA in English from East Carolina University. I enjoy writing stories and reading books. I currently reside in Raleigh, NC with my wife and two sons."

• Ghost Letter
      by Helen Currie Foster

View official review by gali - Published August 20, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Author Helen Currie Foster lives north of Dripping Springs, Texas, supervised by three burros. She is deeply curious about human history and how, uninvited, the past keeps crashing the party. She also takes very seriously her preparation of slow-smoked brisket."

• The Code for Killing
      by William Savage

View official review by gali - Published August 8, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "William started to write fiction as a way of keeping his mind active in retirement. He had always lectured and written extensively on business topics, including three books, many articles and a successful leadership blog which garnered more than 5000 regular followers. He has no intention of letting his mind stagnate or his creativity wither. This means finding new sources of interest and inspiration. Throughout his life, William has read and enjoyed hundreds of detective stories and mystery novels. One of his other loves is history, especially the local history of the many places where he has lived. It seemed natural to put the two together. Thus began two series of murder mystery books set in Norfolk. Four books have appeared so far and he is currently at work on a fifth. William’s books are set between 1760 and around 1800. This was a period of turmoil in Britain, with constant wars, the revolutions in America and France and finally the titanic, 22-year struggle with Napoleon. The Ashmole Foxe series takes place at the start of this time and is located in Norwich. Mr Foxe is a dandy, a bookseller and, unknown to most around him, the mayor’s immediate choice to deal with anything likely to upset the peace or economic security of the city. The series featuring Dr Adam Bascom, a young gentleman-physician caught up in the beginning of the Napoleonic wars, takes place in a variety of locations nearer to the North Norfolk coast. Adam tries to build a successful medical practice, but his insatiable curiosity and a knack for unravelling intrigue constantly involve him in mysteries large and small. William has spent a good deal of his life travelling in Britain and overseas. After obtaining his degree at Cambridge, he set out on a business career, during which he lived in most parts of the UK, as well as spending eleven years in the USA. He has been a senior executive, an academic and a consultant to many multinational companies. Now he is more than content to write stories."

• James & the Dragon
      by Theresa Snyder

View official review by gali - Published July 30, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N | on Smashwords

About the Author: "Theresa Snyder is a very old soul. People with 'the sight' say she radiates a rich golden aura. She has known many lives and many dragons, but Farloft the dragon has always tracked her journey through time and space to be ever at her side. In this era of technology Theresa and Farloft are endeavoring to bring their knowledge of both past and present lives of dragons to light. Theresa loves to travel, but makes her home in Oregon where her elder father and she share a home and the maintenance of the resident cat, wild birds, squirrels, garden, and occasional dragon houseguest."

• Hide and Panic Stations
      by Monty J McClaine

View official review by gali - Published July 27, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "I first started writing characters for children's books with TouchScreenTed: New Friends, from where I decided to continue my journey of character creations with Sam, the fearless protector, friend, and digger of bones amongst other things. Sam you see - plays all of these roles...yet he stands out from other dogs – he can move at super dog speed! No sooner had the pen made contact with the paper, even before the ink had dried, I had written the title for 12 short "Sam" stories – self-contained episodes if you will – that would hopefully make you, the reader smile, as I make sure that Sam gets into a lot of mischief when protecting his lovable McClaine family. I am especially pleased to have created a longer Christmas "special" – that explains to you where, why and whom did Sam get his magical super speed abilities from! It would be fabulous if you could follow along with us, as the episodes unfold – perhaps you have already guessed, or maybe not. Perhaps I can surprise you - Fingers crossed. Monty"

• The Gnomes in the Trees
      by C.L. Collyer

View official review by gali - Published July 19, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "C.L. Collyer, a penname for John Lofquist, was born in Canada in 1940. Raised and schooled in Toronto where he graduated with degrees in English and history, he spent a great deal of his early career travelling the world extensively; an experience that helped shaped his penchant for writing. Married with children, grandchildren and stepchildren he moved to and settled in the United States in the late 1970’s relocating to Florida in 1986. As a young boy he read a great deal. starting his passion for reading with the Hardy Boy’s detective series. In school, English composition and literature soon became his favorite subject. “My primary interest is in writing books for children. Nothing in the world makes me happier than to see a child laugh or sport a huge smile and to know that I may have helped bring that on.”"

• Unspeakable Acts
      by Janet Leigh Green

View official review by gali - Published July 17, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Janet Leigh Green lives in Fort Worth, Texas with her husband, Singer, Songwriter and Producer, Tuffy Green. Janet has been in the Financial Services industry for many years and hopes to transition into a career as a full time author. This is Janet's first novel. When asked what she likes to do in her spare time, she says "I love to sing. I've been singing since I was 2, but my husband is the true musician. I will write creepy books and he can write amazing songs and sing them!""

• The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy Book 1
      by Claire Youmans

View official review by gali - Published July 6, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Claire Youmans has published adult mystery and non-fiction, but has truly found a home in Meiji-Era Japan with The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy series of fantasy-adventure books. Japanese folklore and history combine to produce highly-rated, enthralling reads that captivate everyone from 4th grade to adult. Youmans travels often in Japan and hopes to make the country's unique culture acessible while her characters face some very modern issues. She skis, sails and has a lot of fun!"

• The Patricide
      by Kim Ekemar

View official review by gali - Published June 29, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I've been fortunate with opportunities to travel the world, counting Mexico, Sweden, France and Spain as my home at one time or other. In the past, a good part of my life was dedicated to business ventures: commodity trading, an advertising agency and an art gallery, among others. During the past two decades, I've been focused on artistic expressions – painting, photography, design and architecture, but mainly on writing. The sources for the things I'm interested in writing about are the passions of people; places and customs that I've experienced around the world; and stories or situations from life that intrigue me. However, I'm convinced that none of the aforementioned is enough to create a work of fiction (or any kind of artwork, for that matter), unless it's supported by a strong, fundamental idea. My interests are centred around languages, music, travelling to extraordinary places, and all visual arts. These elements, I believe, occupy a large place in what I write. Moreover, because of them I perceive my literary work easy to visualize, although I'm sure that being synaesthetic has helped considerably in producing it."

• The Ten Story Collection
      by Patricia May

View official review by gali - Published June 3, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Patricia was inspired to create A Seashell Meditation for Children collection after attending a davidji seminar in Denver Co. Davidji, internationally renowned author, speaker, meditation teacher and Hay House radio host, has expressed his excitement for the collection and has provided a testimonial. "Patricia's Seashell Meditations for Children are powerful tools for awakening self awareness, happiness, imagination, and joy in kids. Highly interactive, each book in the collection transports the reader to a place of stress-free relaxing creativity." davidji"

• Dette Chambers' Death Journal
      by L.M. du Preez
  • The Grand
      by Dennis D. Wilson

View official review by gali - Published May 4, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "After a career working in an international consulting firm and as a financial executive with two public companies, Dennis Wilson returns to the roots he established as a high school literature and writing teacher before his career in the corporate world. For his debut novel, he draws upon his experiences from his hometown of Chicago, his years of living, working, hiking, and climbing in Jackson Hole, and secrets gleaned from his time spent in corporate boardrooms to craft a political crime thriller straight from today's headlines. Dennis lives in Chicago with his wife and black lab Jenny, but spends as much time as he can looking for adventure in the mountains and on his motorcycle."

• The War of Words
      by Amy Neftzger

View official review by gali - Published March 28, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Amy Neftzger published her first fiction book Conversations with the Moon in 2003. Since then she has published books for both children and adults, including All that the Dog Ever Wanted, Bedtime Stories for Dogs, Bedtime Stories for Cats, Leftover shorts, Confessions From a Moving Van, The Orphanage of Miracles, and The Ferryman. She lives in Nashville with her family and pet gargoyle Newton."

• George and the Giant Mushrooms
      by Pamela McMaster

View official review by gali - Published March 18, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Pamela McMaster has spent her whole life reading. Reading to her children before they go to bed has been something she cherishes. Inspired by her own children and their love of books, Pamela decided to write one of her own. This is Pamela's first children's story."

• The Bigfoot Paradox
      by Rebecca Coyte

View official review by gali - Published March 6, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N | on Smashwords

About the Author: "Rebecca Coyte has always been interested in Bigfoot legends and tales of the paranormal. After teaching fifth graders for 11 years, she decided to write "The Bigfoot Paradox" in the hopes that fifth graders through adults would love the exciting story of an average boy who gets mixed up with a rag-tag team of Bigfooters. Rebecca lives in New Jersey with her family and is working on the next installment in "The Bigfoot Paradox" series, to be released in the summer of 2016."

• One Last Shoe
      by David Weiskircher

View official review by gali - Published March 1, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "David Weiskircher lives in Roswell, Ga with his three herding dogs. After several years in the securities business, Mr. Weiskircher has decided to let his imagination run wild, much like his dogs."

• The Vanishing Chemist
      by Peter Alpert

View official review by gali - Published January 13, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Peter Alpert has dedicated his life to the law. A retired attorney and former district court judge, he’s represented clients from all walks of life. Alpert worked as a certified public accountant while taking law classes at night at the New York University School of Law. He’s practiced law in New York, Colorado, and Nevada. He presided over more than a thousand cases while serving a district judge in Colorado. He was also the CEO of a public employee health plan in Nevada. Born in Brooklyn, New York, Alpert now lives in Las Vegas with his wife, Susan. Since retiring, he’s turned his attention to writing novels. His first novel, Runaway: A Tragedy of Youth, was published earlier this year."

• A Kiss to Build a Death On
      by Frank J. Bruno

View official review by gali - Published January 2, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I am the author of twelve nonfiction psychology books and seven novels. I have a Ph.D. in psychology, and have taught at the college level for more than twenty-five years. I am married and have one son. My parents were born in Italy, and an Italian-American background plays a large part in most of my novels. I enjoy reading of all kinds. And I have a particular fondness for the writing of novels."

• Steel, Blood & Fire
      by Allan Batchelder

View official review by gali - Published December 18, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Allan is a professional actor, educator and former stand-up comedian. In addition to Steel, Blood & Fire, As Flies to Wanton Boys and Corpse Cold, he's also written plays, screenplays, online articles, dialogue for computer games, greeting card sentiments and more. Steel, Blood & Fire has been praised by Kirkus, Midwest Book Review and Fantascize. Allan holds a Master of Fine Arts in acting from the National Theatre Conservatory and a Master's in Teaching from Seattle Pacific University. He is a huge fan of Shakespeare, Steven Erikson, Joe Abercrombie, Glen Cook, George R.R. Martin, Tad Williams, and R. Scott Bakker. Allan lives in Seattle with his wife and son, where he enjoys walks on the beach, reading in the garden and puttering around on his computer. Oh, and naps. He LOVES naps. In fact, he's probably taking one right now."

• An Absence of Faith
      by David W. Gordon

View official review by gali - Published December 2, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "David W. Gordon is the award winning author of The Outhouse and An Absence of Faith. The Outhouse is a CIPA EVVY silver medalist for Best Historical Fiction and was awarded an Honorable Mention in the Great Southern California Book Festival. A former United States Marine, he currently teaches Social Studies in NY State. He is the author of numerous published short stories including, most recently, Memories, published in The Bangalore Review in March. His third novel, The Count of Mount Collier High, is due out in Spring 2016. Like the author on Facebook at: authorDavidWGordon."

• Escape Clause
      by GA VanDruff

View official review by gali - Published November 14, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "New York state is full of wonderful, tiny towns. GA was born and lived in one until her family moved to the Laurel Highlands area in the center of Pennsylvania and that’s where she’s lived most of her life. Except for an exceptional few decades on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. She took courses at Penn State University, but earned real credits just living life. Like we all do. Writing is how she relives the best parts and dresses up—or down—the least bits. As a child, the world around her was books. The teen years ... she’ll leave that to the Young Adult writers out there. Finally, all grown up, is there a better teacher for the use of the exact word than theater? The precise word. That’s the first piece of advice GA would give any artist—writer, musician, painter—go act. On stage in front of an audience. You’ll have an audience eventually. It gets cold in Pennsylvania. In her current, and upcoming, Murder Off Screen series, GA will take you to where it’s always sunny and warm. In spite of the shady characters that threaten to ruin everyone’s day. Her main character, Jaqie Shanahan, is a conglomeration of all the interesting—and not so—people she’s met. The dog, Doofus, is completely GA’s dog, Dexter. And José Gecko. Well, he shared a condo in St. Augustine and a very special boat that sailed for a magical time on the Chesapeake Bay. In that part at the beginning of every work of fiction that claims things are made-up and coincidental, they are. But GA has sailed the Chesapeake, crewed aboard in the Caribbean, met the elephants and their man, taken her motorcycle where—quite frankly—girls should not go. And would do it all again."

• The Rainbow Dancer
      by Allan Hirsch

View official review by gali - Published November 7, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "In the early part of his life, Allan worked as an early childhood teacher in Kentwood, Mi. The preschool/ Kindergarten was an old log and stone mansion in the woods owned by the YWCA. With a castle climbing edifice made of cherry wood and a wishing well hidden along a path in the woods, the school was not unlike what any good fairy tale would produce. It was out of this experience that the inspiration for The Rainbow Dancer was born. Although Allan moved into web development as a profession, he never lost his joy being with children, either in his home life or in volunteering. He has a knack for telling stories and singing songs with his guitar."

• LINK (The Shadow of Light #1)
      by Summer Wier

View official review by gali - Published October 6, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N | on Smashwords | on iTunes

About the Author: "Summer Wier grew up spending Saturdays with a maxed out library card and her nose in a book. But as much as she loved reading, and even writing, both took the back seat when it came to career choices. With her sights set on law school, corporate greatness, and even a hankering to become the first female president, she set off to conquer the world. As life would have it, though, she didn't attend law school, nor did she become president (although, one day, your vote may be appreciated), finding her strengths, instead, in accounting and business management. After finishing her MBA, she revived her love for reading and began writing with dreams of finishing a book of her own. When Summer isn't working, reading, or writing, she's trying to keep up with two energetic girls and her husband, and dreaming of the mountains of Montana."

• Free Fish Friday
      by Lee Stone

View official review by gali - Published August 2, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Originally from Pennsylvania, Lee relocated to Alaska where he worked until retiring in 2007. He now resides in Delray Beach, Florida."

• OLGA
      by Ted Kelsey

View official review by gali - Published July 4, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "ABOUT THE AUTHOR Ted Kelsey writes on trains, and sometime takes more trains than necessary to finish a story. He started “Olga” early on a rainy morning when the clouds over the train station in Peekskill, NY were touching the tip of Bear Mountain. ABOUT THE ILLUSTRATOR Dillon Samuelson is an illustrator and fine artist from central Pennsylvania."

• Why Can't the Owl Sleep?
      by Cynthia Baker

View official review by gali - Published June 18, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Influenced by her parents, both amateur naturalists, Cynthia Baker is an artist and writer who finds inspiration from the natural world. She is the author and illustrator of "A Kayaker's Journal, Reflections from a Fish Camp in Oak Hill, Florida." She divides her time between the east coast of Florida and the hills of western Maine."

• The Unforgiven
      by A. Katie Rose

View official review by gali - Published June 13, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N | on Smashwords

About the Author: "A. Katie Rose is a workaholic living in San Antonio, Texas. With her day job as a photographer, she writes in what little remains of her spare time. She enjoys long walks, reading (when possible), watching movies, red wine, and drinking beer around a fire with friends. Among her extracurricular activities, she rides her horses and rescues cats. A Colorado native, she earned her B.A. in literature and history at Western State College, in Gunnison, Colorado. Her first novel, “In a Wolf’s Eyes”, was published last year by Untreed Reads Publishing. Her second book, “Catch a Wolf”, was released in July, 2013. The third of the series, “Prince Wolf”, was released in May of 2014. "The Unforgiven" was published in March of 2015. She is busy working on the fourth of the “Saga of the Black Wolf” series, “Under the Wolf’s Shadow.”"

• Tough-Luck Tim and the Toilet Twister
      by Matthew J Rhoades

View official review by gali - Published May 25, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "My name is Matt Rhoades, and I'm currently a JH Principal in the Athens School District. I am a former Elementary Principal and teacher as well, and I wrote this book to generate discussions on important topics that many children can identify with. My goals were to provide something enjoyable for children to read, while at the same time teach valuable life lessons as well. Recently, I have traveled to many school districts, presenting on the topics of bullying, and building one's self esteem. In addition, I appreciate and stress the importance of reading daily with my students. My overall hope is that this book provides support to any child dealing with their own personal adversities."

• A Twist of Fortune
      by Mike Martin

View official review by gali - Published April 29, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "The small town of Grand Bank in southeast Newfoundland, at the very eastern tip of Canada is in crisis. Their largest employer and a link to the glorious past, the fish plant is closing. Sgt. Winston Windflower’s personal life is also in crisis since his longtime girlfriend, Sheila Hillier is leading a community protest to try and stop the closure. It may be too late for the fish plant, but is it too late for Windflower and Sheila? If that wasn’t enough, they are being buried in snow and an epidemic of prescription drug abuse that is creating major problems for people and the police who patrol the area. An accidental death on a snow-covered highway leads only to more questions and more problems for Sgt. Windflower and the RCMP to resolve. A Twist of Fortune is the fourth book in the Sgt. Windflower Mystery Series and it continues the adventures of Sgt. Windflower as he tries to solve crime and experience the joy and the sadness of life in a small Newfoundland community. Follow along as he feels the sometimes bitter taste of an east coast winter and the unique culinary delights of this part of the world. This story is like the weather in Newfoundland. It can twist and turn at any time."

• Wordscapist, The Myth
      by Arpan Panicker

View official review by gali - Published March 8, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Arpan Panicker is a serial dabbler. He has tried his hand at everything from event management to street theater with an intermittent corporate career that led to him setting up his own business consultancy. The one thing he stuck with was writing, and Wordscapist is his first full-length novel. While not drowning in books and gadgets, he’s spending time with his wife or motorbike, and on some rare occasions, both. He loves to travel and most of his trips start out as location research for his next Wordscapist book and end up as culinary binges."

• Alcapenny and Bot and the Treacherous Forest
      by Andrea Leigh Youngman

View official review by gali - Published February 16, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Andrea Leigh Youngman grew up in Michigan, where long hours wandering the woods first captured her imagination and fueled her love of storytelling. She earned a BFA in creative writing from Stephens College and an MFA in fiction from Murray State College. She considers her grandchildren to be her most important literary critics. She lives in Missouri with her husband and two German Shepherds."

• Scare Addict
      by Luke Campen

View official review by gali - Published January 27, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

About the Author: "Luke Campen is a writer of dark and thought-provoking fiction for both prose and film. His love of storytelling began with the science fiction and horror books, television shows, and films he loved, which grew into a love of writing. His journey as a professional writer began with short story writing, where Luke learned the ropes through practice, having had over half a dozen short stories published in magazines. From there, Luke branched out into both novel and writing for film, the latter of which has garnered him two awards for short horror and science fiction scripts, as well as a short film co-authored with his brother Jesse and which was directed by a MTV award-winning director. The feature length version of that short, also written along with his brother, is currently in production. In an effort to expand his knowledge of screenwriting, Luke completed a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Creative Writing for the Entertainment Industry at Full Sail University, Winter Park, Florida where he was recognized for his writing excellence, receiving two Course Director Awards."

• Running
      by S. Bryce

View official review by gali - Published January 17, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "S.C. Bryce is the author pen name of S.K. Holder. S. K. Holder was born in the United Kingdom in Kent and currently resides in Essex. With a passion for science-fiction, fantasy and computer programming, S.K. Holder came up with the foundation for The Other Worlds Book Series, in the millennium, when catching sight of a Rainbow. The author has also written the young adult paranormal book Running and the fantasy book Pools for preteens and young teenagers."

• A Man in Control
      by Harry E. Gilleland, Jr

View official review by gali - Published December 23, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Harry E. Gilleland, Jr is an award-winning poet and novelist who has now published ten books -- four collections of his poetry, a fantasy novella, and four novels. Harry retired in 2004 from his faculty position as a Professor of Microbiology at LSU Medical School -Shreveport after twenty-nine years of teaching microbiology and performing vaccine research. Gilleland uses this experience to add authenticity to the details of the chimeric virus biological weapon detailed in A Man in Control. In addition to his being an author, Harry Gilleland was Editor-in-chief for three years at 4RV Publishing, a small traditional publisher."

• Wonderboy
      by Tom Conyers

View official review by gali - Published December 7, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Tom Conyers, an award-winning filmmaker (The Caretaker - 2012), is also a playwright, painter, illustrator and photographer. His novel 'One Shot' is currently a finalist in the Red City Review Book Awards."

• The Devil's Bridge
      by Fran Connor

View official review by gali - Published October 19, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I am British living in SW France where I write novels, plays and screenplays. I have two novels published, two more out soon, six plays produced on stage and a portfolio of seven feature length screenplays."

• Blood Line
      by John J. Davis

View official review by gali - Published September 11, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "John J. Davis is the author of the Granger Spy Novel series, including Blood Line and the soon to be published sequel, Bloody Truth, available Spring 2015. Davis grew up in the Southeastern US and after university traveled extensively in North America during his career as a regional sales rep and independent broker for leaders in the transportation, shipping and pharma industries. His years sitting in lobbies and airports honed his skill for human observation and fed his talent for writing fast-paced, character-driven stories. His inspiration for the Granger family-of-spies comes from the people he has known and his family roots in the Carolinas--the extraordinarily strong and gentle women and men, whose lives are defined by the love, trust and respect for family. Currently at work on the third Granger Spy Novel and a screenplay, Davis lives near Atlanta with his wife, daughter and two dogs."

• Liar's Paradise
      by Steven Hartman, Eddrick Bedford

View official review by gali - Published September 2, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Steven Hartman lived in Los Angeles for nine years where he attended Columbia College and worked in the entertainment industry. He's written and published three novels: "The Ten-Day Forecast", "The Peppermill Murders" and "My Funny Old Soul Mate" and he currently lives in Michigan with his wife, Caitlin, and twin babies who seem hell-bent on depriving him of sleep."

• The Devil's Handshake
      by Michael Reagan

View official review by gali - Published August 9, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Michael Reagan is a nom de plume. Initially working as an analyst specializing in Corporate Solutions and Planning for a private bank, he was there right at the start of the crazy years of Yeltsin-led Russia. Gaining first hand insight into how the Oligarchs did business in the early days of a Russia struggling to embrace capitalism. Some of Michael's experiences have provided in part, the background to his Litchfield character, the chief protagonist of the book. By the end of the 1990s, employed in a rather peculiar role, within a private office of a royal family in the Middle East he found himself gaining insight not just into the workings of the region's royal families and their various governments, but also seeing just how Natural Resources have and will continue to effect the "doing of business" between the governments of the world and the multifarious characters involved. Negotiating everything from hunting rights, the paying of gambling debts of young sheikhs, to oil and gas deals, he refers to it as a life that was never dull but certainly not for the fainthearted and one that often found him questioning his "Devil's Bargain". Michael doesn't maintain a website or a twitter page, but you can find him on Facebook if you would like to drop him a line. The Devil's Handshake is his first novel on the adventures of the Litchfield family."

• Making a Monster
      by Stephen Colhoun Walker

View official review by gali - Published July 30, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "The author is an ex teacher, salesman and IT person who has always loved reading and also always had to write. He began "Making a Monster" many years ago and found it difficult to combine the complexity of the concept with the necessary simplicity of the writing."

• Kate's Escape from the Billable Hour
      by Petula Parker

View official review by gali - Published June 29, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Petula Parker was inspired to write Kate's Escape from the Billable Hour based on her own trials and tribulations working in the unforgiving arena of Big Law, and her experiences living in Spain. Miss Parker currently resides in the United States, where she avoids attorneys and men who wear denim shorts."

• Mineko
      by RG Dillon

View official review by gali - Published June 29, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Born in Jacksonville Florida to a navy father, he grew up in Virginia Beach Virginia. Following a move to Southern Indiana for his later high school years, he enlisted in the Army after college. Eventually settling where he resides today, in Alexandria Virginia, with his wife of over 36 years, he is the father of two daughters and one granddaughter."

• The Killing Game, Part One
      by The Black Rose

View official review by gali - Published May 20, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Who is The Black Rose? I am an author. I was born an author, although I did not know it until I was an adult. My first passion was art, painting specifically, which moved into photography. Yet, under the surface of this creativity was the ever present urge to tell stories, to commit to paper the personal thoughts and experiences endured and enjoyed, along with an addictive story line that would examine issues, disappointments, and personal ideals. If I am not writing, I am editing my work. If I am not editing, I am writing or rewriting. It as a never-ending love store because there are always new and interesting twists I can make out of anything I experience. After my dog, writing is my therapy, my addiction, my guide, and my gift."

• The Daddy Game
      by Shadez

View official review by gali - Published March 24, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I am an Author, Playwright, Poet and Graphic Artist, born and raised in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area. Currently, I am a contributing writer for Dove Style Magazine, a monthly online magazine, writing opinion pieces, poetry and a serialized novella."

• Chaperones
      by Megan Karasch

View official review by gali - Published February 9, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Megan Karasch was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. After college, she worked in a creative capacity assisting with the production of stories for a nationally televised entertainment news program. Following her television stint, she went to law school in Southern California where she earned her J.D. For almost two years, commencing in 2007, while the analytical side of her brain was hard at work in the law, she exercised the creative side writing for a popular Los Angeles lifestyle online magazine, writing music reviews and special interest pieces. Currently, both halves of her brain remain active while she continues to practice law and has begun what she hopes is a prosperous and rewarding life using the written word to enlighten and enliven. Megan lives in Southern California with her cat, Squeaker, and spends her time reading, watching TV, films and ice hockey, socializing with her friends and family and playing drums."

• The Inevitable
      by Daniel Hope

View official review by gali - Published February 1, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Dan Hope worked for years as a technology journalist, covering the electronics and video game industries. He co-founded Fiction Vortex (fictionvortex.com), an online magazine dedicated to publishing great science fiction and fantasy short stories, and now serves as Managing Editor. His muted pessimism has been generously characterized as the Voice of Reason by the rest of the Fiction Vortex staff. What it really means is they wish he would stop worrying all the time. He thinks they should stop smiling so much."

• Vision of Shadows
      by Vincent Morrone

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "This is my debut novel, although I have a free short story published called Vision of Secrets which is a prequel to this novel. I also have a contract for a follow up novel and a unrelated novel, both to be released in 2014. I have also worked for both RealityTV on blog doing a weekly blog on The Voice and did a column on the Walking Dead for Fans Pages blog."

• The Cross Of Santiago
      by Evie Gaughan

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Evie Gaughan is an Irish author based in Galway, a bohemian city that nurtured her creativity from childhood and provides much of the inspiration for her debut novel, The Cross Of Santiago. After completing a diploma in Marketing, Evie spent several years travelling between France and Canada before returning home to become a writer. She has since published several short stories, poems and feature articles for local and national publications. Currently working on her second novel, Evie's other passion in life is painting and she has a collection of work on exhibit in a local gallery."

• Spider Circus
      by Alice Nuttall

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Alice Nuttall is the author of Footloose and Cherry, two long-running webcomics set in a dojo in Faerieland. She lives in an attic in Oxford, and, when she's not writing, can be found dancing the lindy hop with a questionable degree of competency."

• Jeremy's Heart and other stories
      by Andy Echevarria

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I'm a longtime fan of the suspense genre in all forms--plays, movies, books, etc.--and love to write. Some of the publishers and ezines to have featured my work are: SNM Horror Magazine, The Horror Zine, and Static Movement. I derive enormous satisfaction out of creative pursuits. To me writing is like journeying to limitless other worlds. If those who read my stories are entertained, then I'm that much more satisfied. Throughout my life I have lived in a number of countries, including Israel and the former Soviet Union. I currently reside in the state of Wisconsin where, when I'm not busy penning another short, I enjoy cooking, camping, and yoga."

• Anderson Andrews and the Griffin's Prostate
      by Joshua Snyder

View official review by gali - Published December 19, 2013

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Joshua Snyder was born and raised in Aurora Colorado, where the beautiful prairie nature gave him 18 years of allergies. After graduating from Chapman University, he moved to Los Angeles, where he frequently performs stand-up comedy and worries."

• Conrad
      by LS Thorn

View official review by gali - Published December 11, 2013

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Ls Thorn is an English author who loves blending farcical, surreal humour with science-fiction and fantasy settings. Conrad is the debut novel from Thorn, and is the first in what will eventually be a series. As well as this, Thorn also has a children's poetry book published on Amazon which has attracted positive reviews, and has reached the editing stage on two new novels due for release early 2014."

Page last updated: January 23, 2017, 2:57 pm