OnlineBookClub.org

• Notes from a Very Small Island
      by Anthony Stancomb

View official review by bookowlie - Published November 8, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Anthony Stancomb was educated at Wellington College, St Andrews University and the London School of Film. He first worked on Feature films and political documentaries, before joining a private mercy airlift operation that was shot down in Biafra; After that, he joined the BBC, and later ITV, where for seven years he produced programs about social issues and the arts. Leaving television, he set up his own company to promote and sell British contemporary art to galleries abroad, and during the next twenty years he created a worldwide distribution network whose annual turnover was over £10 million. On a relief convoy with his wife to the Croatian refugee camps in the 1990’s, he discovered the island of Vis, and fell in love with it – and when the war ended, he sold the company and moved there. Once on the island, he discovered it had strong historical links with England (particularly with cricket), and he began to write about it."

• Finding Ruth
      by Cynthia Hamilton

View official review by bookowlie - Published November 22, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "In 2000, while managing a mortgage company and trying to find out the cause of her mysterious illness, Cynthia Hamilton began writing to give herself a creative outlet in case she became bedridden. Since that time, she has completed eight books and published six, most of which are fiction. In her memoir, “Once Upon a Lyme…A Tale of Two Journeys” she chronicles her quest to find the correct diagnosis and a cure for what had ultimately become late-stage Lyme disease. Though she confesses to having too much imagination, the ideas for several of her books have come from encounters she’s had over the years. Meeting a man at a wedding who had been married and divorced seven times and hadn’t given up on the notion of wedded bliss led to writing Lucky at Love. For the second book in the Madeline Dawkins series, she realized her protagonist needed to learn a martial art after what she’d been put through in the first book. When she started taking karate lessons from Master Coffee (AKA Teri Coffee McDuffie), she incorporated her instructor into the story. For her latest book, she delved into her mother’s past to fill in what little she had known of her life outside her role as mother."

• Flaherty's Crossing
      by Kaylin McFarren

View official review by bookowlie - Published January 15, 2017

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N | on iTunes

About the Author: "KAYLIN MCFARREN has received more than forty national literary awards, in addition to a prestigious Golden Heart Award nomination for Flaherty’s Crossing - a book she and her oldest daughter, Kristina McMorris, co-authored in 2008. Prior to embarking on her writing journey and developing the popular Threads action/adventure romance series, she poured her passion for creativity into her work as the director of a fine art gallery in the Pearl District in Portland, Oregon; she also served as a governor-appointed member of the Oregon Arts Commission. When she’s not traveling or spoiling her pups and three grandsons, she enjoys giving back to her community through participation and support of various charitable and educational organizations in the Pacific Northwest, and is currently the president of the Soulful Giving Foundation - a non-profit focused on cancer research, care and treatment at hospitals throughout Oregon."

• Daddy 3.0
      by Rob Armstrong

View official review by bookowlie - Published January 4, 2017

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Rob Armstrong mines comedy from his own life as a stay-at-home dad. After graduating from the Wharton School of Business, he worked in communication finance, before taking an “early retirement” to look after his two daughters. Armstrong lives with his wife and daughters in the Greater Philadelphia area. He has served as treasurer of the local PTA and as an elected member of the school board."

• A Bit of Earth
      by Wendy Crisp Lestina

View official review by bookowlie - Published December 7, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on B&N

About the Author: "Wendy Crisp Lestina is the author of several books, including the bestselling "100 Things I'm Not Going to Do Now That I'm Over 50" (Penguin/Random House, 1994). She's a graduate of Whitman College and holds an honorary doctorate from Middlebury College. A magazine editor (Savvy, Datamation, Small Press), she is a regional documentary filmmaker. She and her husband, John, are also Airbnb hosts on their farm in Ferndale, California."

• Seatbelt Required
      by Beth Kellar

View official review by bookowlie - Published December 5, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Born in New York, she currently resides in Connecticut and is proud to still be as hopelessly romantic as ever. She has spent her entire adult life engaging in creative pursuits. An Interior Designer by trade, she has previously published a book in the Young readers sector."

• Unexpected: A Tale of Deception
      by Peter Alpert

View official review by bookowlie - Published December 3, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Peter Alpert is a retired attorney and former district court judge. During his career, he represented clients from all walks of life. Alpert worked as a certified public accountant while attending law school at night at the New York University School of Law. He practiced law in New York, Colorado and Nevada. He presided over more than a thousand cases while serving as a district judge in Colorado. He was also the CEO of a large public employee health plan in Nevada and was an executive for two major casinos in Las Vegas. Born in Brooklyn, New York, Alpert now lives in Las Vegas with his wife, Susan. Since retiring, he has turned his attention to writing novels, this being his third,"

• The Battered Wife and Her Five Little Kids All Dressed in White

View official review by bookowlie - Published October 4, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "George was a reporter on the Inglewood Daily News, Ontario (California) Daily Report, and Los Angeles Times. He later was a journalism professor at several universities. He worked in public relations for the State of California (San Francisco and Sacramento) and the International Labor Office (Geneva, Switzerland)."

• Diary Of A Displaced Dog
      by Lee Sherrill

View book: on Bookshelves | on B&N

About the Author: "Lee Sherrill grew up on a small farm in the mountains of east Tennessee. It was there that he first discovered his love for writing and his love of animals. After graduating high school in 1987, Lee went into the military where he served 8+ years in the US Navy. After leaving the military, Lee eventually relocated to middle Tennessee where he began assisting animal rescue organizations with animal transports and fund raising. Despite working full time and being a full time college student, Lee enjoys spending his spare time with his rescued pets and writing animal related stories. His first book “Diary Of A Displaced Dog / Millie’s Story” is in fact the true story about one of the dogs that he has rescued, told from her point of view. He hopes Millie’s Story will be the first book in an on going series of stories about abused and neglected pets, all told from their point of view."

• Trumpster
      by G. O. Vote
  • Mrs. Dodge and the House Painter

View official review by bookowlie - Published August 10, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "GEORGE GARRIGUES has been a reporter and editor for the Los Angeles Times and the head of journalism or communications programs at University of the Pacific, Wayne State University, University of Bridgeport, and Lincoln University of Missouri. He has also worked on the Inglewood Daily News (California), Ontario Daily Report (California), San Francisco Examiner, Coast-Valley Journal (Oregon), Wave Newspapers (Los Angeles), and Bergen County Record (New Jersey)."

• A Reservation for Murder
      by AJ Basinski

View official review by bookowlie - Published August 9, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "AJ Basinski is the author of Dead in the Water, the first in the Lieutenant Morales mysteries series. He is already at work on the third novel in that trilogy. He lives in Pennsylvania and Florida with his wife."

• OMG Baby
      by Sharon S Joag

View official review by bookowlie - Published August 6, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Now a full-time Mom, Dr. Sharon Joag loves spending time with her daughter and watching her grow. Dr. Joag works as a part-time Podiatrist at East Brunswick Foot Care, LLC, which she founded and is currently the sole owner. She loves to read, write, paint, and play with her 2 cats, Poofy and Minnie, in her spare time. Growing up in many different places, including India; Stillwater, Oklahoma; Mankato, Minnesota, and in Bayside, Queens, she often found herself spending a large part of her time in her early years reading fairy tales, mysteries, and making up stories with her brother, Sidd. Her creative energy has led her to write poems in a book called, “A Collection of Poems”. She has most recently published "OMG Baby". She is currently working on her next book, “OMG Toddler”."

• We 3
      by Theresa Snyder

View official review by bookowlie - Published August 3, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Theresa Snyder is a multi-genre writer with an internationally read blog. She grew up on a diet of B&W Scifi films like Forbidden Planet and The Day the Earth Stood Still. She is a voracious reader and her character driven writing is influenced by the early works of Anne McCaffrey, Ray Bradbury, Robert Heinlein and L. Ron Hubbard. She loves to travel, but makes her home in Oregon where her elder father and she share a home and the maintenance of the resident cat, wild birds, squirrels, garden,and occasional Dragon house guest."

• Mrs. Hartley and the Senator
  • Vatican Protocol
      by Brian M Gallagher

View official review by bookowlie - Published June 14, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Who is Brian Gallagher? I've been trying to figure that out for sixty-five years. I was a quasi-jock who hated high school and loved college. I thought high school was nothing more than a waste of time and once in college I flourished. I was lucky to get into Milton college, play college baseball and college hockey, participate in the student senate during the Viet Nam era, have a radio show and actually graduated in four years. Fast forward, I was a software sales rep, and became a V.P. of Sales at twenty-six, not having the faintest idea what I was supposed to do. Everyday for at least ten years I was afraid my employer would figure out I didn't know what I was doing and show me the door. After a while it occurred to me I did know what I was doing. My position led me to travel throughout Europe and I incorporated those trips into my first novel. I had a blast writing Vatican Protocol and at times it seemed to write itself. I enjoyed using real, but largely unknown facts, and rumored events to weave a story using my history education and European travel to create a credible story. I couldn't have accomplished the dream of becoming a published novelist without the unbending support of my family. They continue to be there every step of the way. I've finished my second novel and have a third and fourth in process. Writing has become my passion, and I am grateful to have discovered what I'll do for the rest of my life."

• Unleash the Beast
      by Mark D. Rucker

View official review by bookowlie - Published June 9, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves

About the Author: "Mark D. Rucker is an attorney in Lexington, Kentucky where he lives with his wife, Annita, and 2 children, Mason and Abby. Mark has been featured on CNN, Huffington Post, EverydayHealth, and on the TODAY Show."

• The Student Council
      by Lee Stone

View official review by bookowlie - Published May 22, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Lee Stone is an author/artist residing in Delray Beach, Florida. His initial work of fiction, "Free Fish Friday," was selected as the Online Book Club's Book of the Month for October of 2015. The sequel, "Barracuda," was also reviewed by the site. With "The Student Council," Stone steps into the Young Adult genre, with a recommended reading age of 16+ years. The target audience is all adult readers. Stone is widely known as a sand sculptor in South Florida. His unique sand creations can be seen on Facebook under Delray Beach Sand."

• While
      by Kamon

View official review by bookowlie - Published May 17, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N | on Smashwords | on iTunes

About the Author: "Kamon was born in Quebec in 1957. Kamon has been living in Asia for 30 years. Kamon's books are published in French, English and some in Chinese. With more than 53 titles published, Kamon writes funny children’s books seasoned with mindfulness, a relevant topic in today’s world."

• A Spiritual Dog: "Bear"
      by J. Wesley Porter

View official review by bookowlie - Published May 9, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "J. Wesley Porter is excited about the opportunity to share his story about his family dog Bear. He currently resides in Killeen, TX with a career background in the US Army, Human Resources, and Training Management. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Liberal Arts and MBA in Business. He has two sons, one in his mid 20s working for a successful Computer Company and the youngest is in College studying for a Computer Science Degree."

• High Hopes
      by Sue Lilley

View official review by bookowlie - Published April 30, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Sue Lilley has been a secret scribbler for years. Her practical exterior hides the soul of a daydreamer and compulsive people watcher. She loves a good story, especially feel-good escapism that makes you late for work because you can’t put the book down and miss your stop. ANOTHER SUMMER was her first published novel. Her latest, HIGH HOPES is also available on Amazon. Now she’s forced herself out of the closet, there will be other novels coming soon."

• Notes To Jacqui
      by Ronald A. Tomo

View official review by bookowlie - Published April 20, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Mr. Tomo has a lifetime of experiences that uniquely qualify him to write such a guide to life for his daughter, Jacqui, yet applicable to everyone. He survived a debillitating disease, Polio, which he contracted at 7 months of age and worked his way back from near death to become a rather talented and successful leader in the Healthcare IT Field. Along the way, Mr. Tomo studied at C.W. Post College where he received both a BS degree in Management and an MPA in Healthcare Administration. He also has certifications from NYU as a Systems Programmer and Analyst, LIU as a Paralegal, and Harvard where he studied Integrated Delivery Systems. Among the numerous accomplishments and paths Ron has been on, he has been a Rock 'n Roll Lead Vocalist, an ambulance driver, a college Adjunct Professor, held several positions in healthcare IT including his current position as Vice President and Chief Information Officer at a major Long Island Hospital. He also serves on the Advisory Board for the Computer Science Department of SUNY Farmingdale. He delivered one of the Keynote Addresses at their COCID Conference. Mr. Tomo speaks at various Radio Clubs and Professional Organizations. Mr. Tomo also is a ham radio operator (KE2UK) first licensed in 1967 and an expert in Disaster Communications. He was the recipient of the American Radio Relay League's (ARRL) 2010 International Humanitarian of the Year Award because of a lifetime of efforts in helping others through ham radio culminating in his Disaster Relief Mission to Haiti right after the 2010 deadly earthquake where Mr. Tomo set up emergency communications to several tent hospitals and helped operate the tent hospital at Bojeux Parc in Port-au-Prince. He also set up Digital Communications while in Haiti back to the US ARMY by running a WL2K PACTOR III HF Radio Station. Ron is also a Commander in the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary where he also works in communications, public affairs, member training, and more. He has survived multiple surgeries including emergency spinal surgery in 2005 and has learned much about life through the countless diverse situations life has lead him to over the years. Ron lives in North Bellmore, NY with his wife, Cari, and his Mini Dachshund Emma. He has one child, Jacquelyn (Jacqui) to whom this book was written for in the hope that she finds it useful in her life's journey. ""

• Goodbye Bombay
      by Gry Finsnes

View official review by bookowlie - Published March 25, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I am Norwegian by birth but have lived in six different countries, India being one of them. After university where I studied modern languages with a Masters in English literature, I moved to Sweden where I taught in a college, and then on to India, England and Germany. Just now I live in France. I have published two thrillers in Swedish. Goodbye Bombay is my second novel in English. Vanished in Berlin from the second world war, came last year. I have a large family."

• The One
      by B.A. Sherman

View official review by bookowlie - Published March 19, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "B.A. Sherman's passion is writing psychological thrillers. He lives in Colorado with his wife and daughter and, when not writing novels, he is a police officer in Colorado. He has been in law enforcement for 24 years. The Test is his first full-length novel. The short stories and books he writes are based on experiences he's had over the years, with "a heaping spoonful of fiction," he says. He has published one short story, The Truth, currently available on Amazon. When he's not writing and working, Brad enjoys hunting, camping, fishing and skiing. These are areas he plans to write about in the future, perhaps incorporating them into a thriller or two."

• Blueboy
      by George Pica

View official review by bookowlie - Published March 16, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "George Pica was born in Illinois, where he began a 30-year journalism career at the Galesburg Register-Mail. After earning a master’s degree in communications at the University of Illinois at Springfield (nee, Sangamon State University), he was an editor at the Eugene (Ore.) Register-Guard and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer before accepting an invitation to teach at the University of Missouri School of Journalism. He now lives with his wife, Carol, in Puyallup, Wash., with their cat, Riley Ann, and their dog, Yo-DEL Cool J."

• What Matters Most: Family, Friends, and Foes
      by Owen Watson

View official review by bookowlie - Published January 29, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I have spent 10 years on active duty in the U.S. Navy, and transitioned into the U.S. Navy Reserves for 10 years before transitioning again to active duty with the U.S. Navy. I was fortunate to have outstanding tours of duty to include: USS ORION (AS 18) located in La Maddalena, Sardinia Italy; Fighter Squadron EIGHTY-FOUR deployed onboard the USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT (CVN-71), Fighter Wing U.S. Atlantic Fleet, and Carrier Air Wing THREE deployed onboard the USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT (CVN-71) all were homeported at NAS Oceana, Virginia; Navy Personnel Command located in Millington, TN; The Pentagon (N8QDR) located in Washington, DC; and, Joint Task Force Civil Support located in Fort Eustis, Virginia. While in the U.S. Navy Reserves, my full-time civilian employment was with the U.S. Postal Service. My educational background consists of graduating from Park University with an Associate Degree in Criminal Justice Administration and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Criminal Justice; graduating from Trident University with a Master of Business Administration in Criminal Law; and currently, working on completing a PhD in Educational Leadership from Trident University. All of that pales in comparison to me, first and foremost, being a Christian and ordained minister who finds solace in the ‘unboxed’ word of God as observed, experienced and shared through various denominations of faith."

• Motions and Moments
      by Michael Pronko

View official review by bookowlie - Published January 14, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I teach American literature and culture at Meiji Gakuin University, with classes on contemporary novels, film adaptations, music, and art. I have written editorials, music and art reviews, personal essays, and run my own website, Jazz in Japan. I have also appeared on Japanese TV, (NHK, Japan’s PBS, and Nihon TV), doing programs about Tokyo."

• The Knute Rockne Kid
      by Frank J. Bruno

View official review by bookowlie - Published January 2, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I am the author of twelve nonfiction psychology books and seven novels. I have a Ph.D. in psychology and have taught the subject at the college level for more than twenty-five years. I am married and have one son. I enjoy all kinds of reading. I enjoy novels and enjoy writing them."

• A Right to Exist
      by John Jeffrey

View official review by bookowlie - Published December 3, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Bishop John Jeffrey is the Pastor of The Church of Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith and sits on the Board of Bishops of the Pentecostal Churches of the Apostolic Faith Inc.which is Headquartered in Louisville Kentucky. He was born and also grew up in North Little Rock, Arkansas, where he still resides. Bishop Jeffrey has been writing bible study material for approximately 20 years, but recently has decided to share his writings with the general public, which will consist of more than religious material. A Right to Exist, Whose Rights are Right is his first published book, but many more are coming soon."

• The Trust Company
      by Paul N. Stam

View official review by bookowlie - Published November 3, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Paul N. Stam is a lawyer and tax consultant for a large Wall Street financial services firm. His novels "The Trust Company" and "The Long Squeeze" draw on his experiences in law, banking and world-wide travel. He lives in Southern California with his wife and three children."

• Cold Serial: The Jack the Strangler Murders
      by Brian E. Forschner

View official review by bookowlie - Published September 26, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "The perspective of Brian Forschner has been created through a span of experiences involving the operation of halfway houses, university teaching, writing and research, to more recently, the building and operation of affordable housing for families and elderly Americans, retirement and nursing homes, home health and post-acute services of a major health system. During his career his role spanned from one of teacher, writer, counselor, consultant and CEO to community board member and social advocate."

• Dreamer of Downing Street
      by Roberta L. Smith

View official review by bookowlie - Published September 7, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Roberta L. Smith was born and raised in Southern California. She is a graduate of the University of Redlands and lives in the High Desert with her husband. She is an active member of the High Desert Branch of the California Writers Club. Roberta had always been intrigued by the unexplained. Her favorite stories growing up involved ghosts and sometimes the macabre. As a child, she wrote a letter to Boris Karloff telling him she knew he didn’t mean to kill the little girl in “Frankenstein,” so it’s no surprise that she writes in the paranormal genre."

• Wandering The Field
      by Alice Brady

View official review by bookowlie - Published August 17, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I grew up on the shores of Lake Michigan, with a love of the outdoors and an imagination that could not be contained. My first publication, Wandering The Field, is a collection of three short fiction stories inspired from a variety of people close to my heart."

• The Funny Side of War
      by Mat Vance

View official review by bookowlie - Published August 14, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Mat Vance served in the Army as a Cav Scout for 6 years and finished at the rank of Sergeant. He experienced combat in Iraq with 27 months deployed. Mat graduated from Christopher Newport University in 2004, served in the military until 2010, currently resides in Virginia and works as a contractor."

• Hattie's Place
      by Katherine P. Stillerman

View official review by bookowlie - Published August 7, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Katherine P. Stillerman has thirty years’ experience as a teacher, curriculum specialist, and middle school principal in North Carolina public schools. She graduated Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina, with a BA in history. She also earned an MA in intermediate education from Campbell University, Buies’s Creek, North Carolina, and an EdD in educational leadership from UNC-Greensboro. Stillerman has made her home in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, for the last thirty years. She and her husband Bill raised four sons and have seven grandchildren"

• Once in a Blue Year
      by Michael D. Durkota

View official review by bookowlie - Published August 2, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Michael D. Durkota holds a master of fine arts degree in fiction from the University of Pittsburgh. His debut novel, Once in a Blue Year, follows two friends during the Gulf War as they struggle with their navy service, adulthood, and relationships. Durkota lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with his wife."

• Ian, CEO, North Pole
      by Eric Dana Hansen

View official review by bookowlie - Published July 29, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Eric Hansen is a first generation Danish American. He was born in Philadelphia while his immigrant parents were on their way from Denmark to a new life in southern California. As a former corporate leader, Eric was a firm believer in enabling people to realize their full potential. This is reflected in “Ian, CEO, North Pole.”"

• Behind Closed Doors (2): Dana's Story
      by A.L. Smith

View official review by bookowlie - Published July 14, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Dr. A.L. Smith read her first full-length novel (The Boxcar Children, by Gertrude Chandler Warner) in the third grade and it spawned her passion for reading. Authors who have influenced her the most include Kiki Swinson, Wahida Clark, Sister Souljah, Iceberg Slim (Robert Beck), Donald Goines, Nathan McCall, Zora Neal Hurston, Dr. Frances Cress Welsing, Claud Brown, K'wan Foye, Cynthia Middlebrooks Harris, and Karen Quionnes Miller to name a few. According to Dr. Smith, the hallmark of a great story is the resounding presence of a character that transcends the final pages of the book. Dr. Smith is a native of Frierson, Louisiana, a small town in northeast Louisiana with a population of 148 residents. She attended Grambling State University on a basketball scholarship and later joined the school’s Army ROTC program. Upon graduation in 1996, she became the university’s first Army ROTC cadet to receive a commission in the Army Nurse Corps. She received a Masters Degree in Nurse Anesthesia in 2001 and a Doctorate of Nurse Anesthesia Practice in 2012 from Texas Wesleyan University. Her doctoral research project was selected for inclusion in the 2016 edition of the Journal of Gastroenterology Nursing. In 2010, she participated in humanitarian relief efforts during the devastating earthquake in Haiti and provided anesthesia services to a countless number of victims, many of whom were children. This experience would have a profound impact on her views concerning socioeconomic disparities here in the U.S. and countries abroad. She’s a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. and takes seriously the organization’s motto “Service to all Mankind”. Her personal motto is “In as much as you’ve done to the least of the...”"

• TimeBangers Vol. 1
      by Ivery Kirk and Luna Teague

View official review by bookowlie - Published June 18, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "IVERY KIRK lives in Kansas City, where she still practices her first profession of financial workflow optimization. She accepts the general lack of enthusiasm that most people have for her first passion, but holds out hope that adventure stories about time traveling sexcapades will prove more interesting to the general public. LUNA TEAGUE lives in the Midwest and is a Ph.D. candidate in the biosciences, which takes up most of her life. However, she finds time to write her sexy adventures when in the grip of a condition she calls "Ambien madness." TimeBangers is her first novel-length published work."

• Survival Of The Fittest
      by Robin Hawdon

View official review by bookowlie - Published June 10, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Robin Hawdon is one of Britain's most widely produced playwrights with plays performed in over 40 countries. This is his third and most ambitious novel."

• illusion
      by nassim nakad

View official review by bookowlie - Published June 1, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Nassim Nakad is a free lance filmmaker, dreamer and illusion follower... the love of travelling and filming took him to Roma (la bella cita di Fellini), then to Vancouver the metropolitan city ... then from there he started wandering and living an endless dream."

• Miami Iced
      by Susan Sussman

View official review by bookowlie - Published May 31, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "SUSAN SUSSMAN began her career as a freelance journalist for Chicago newspapers and national publications before shifting into books. Twenty-three books later, she's published both fiction and non-fiction for ages pre-school through adult. She won an EMMY for the screen adaptation of her children’s book: There’s No Such Thing as a Chanukah Bush, Sandy Goldstein and her adult fiction has been translated into many languages. Bestsellers include The Dieter and Time Off From Good Behavior. Her last three books are mysteries: Audition for Murder, Cruising for Murder, and the just released Miami Iced. She is working on Miami Pumped, the next mystery in her Miami series."

• Dr. Brett's Deep Little Book on Dating & Relationships
      by Dr. Brett Denkin

View official review by bookowlie - Published May 23, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Dr. Brett is a licensed psychologist, sports psychologist, and life coach specializing in relationships , entrepreneurship, and athletic performance. In addition to public speaking, writing, and business consulting, his primary focus is coaching athletes and entrepreneurs who are highly committed to personal growth and self-awareness. His core philosophy is to avoid nothing, be as present as possible, have bang-up integrity, honor yourself, and develop and trust your intuition! Dr. Brett graduated from Emory University in Atlanta, GA with a BA in Economics and Psychology in 1989. After working in business in New York City for two years, he attended the California School of Professional Psychology in San Diego, receiving his doctorate in 1995. Dr. Brett established a thriving private practice in Fairfield County, CT while in his thirties. At age forty, he decided to put his former life on hold and travel across the country into the relative unknown in search of a more meaningful life. His adventures took him and his Labradoodle Tuck to Florida, California, Colorado, and New Mexico where he met his best friend and soul mate. Together they traveled the country, exploring present moment time and partnership, living life well outside the suburban norm of career, marriage, family, and retirement. After experiencing a devastating health crisis and horrific loss, Dr. Brett returned to Connecticut at age 43, rebuilt his life, and developed the philosophy for success that he now shares with his clients. Dr. Brett’s memoir based on this unique experience will be released in 2016. In addition, his book The Deep Little Book on Dating and Relationships, is currently available on Amazon Kindle. In this story, Dr. Brett teaches a young woman named Katie much of what he has learned in over 30,000 hours of working with people and living adventurously. With passion, wisdom, and humor, Dr. Brett helps Katie and several others explore present moment time, meditation, mindfulness, and bang-up communication as it relates to love, work, and intimacy. Dr. Brett currently resides in Los Angeles where he is developing a web television series, writing a book on sports psychology, and continuing his coaching work with athletes and entrepreneurs."

• Taken Away
      by Patricia Yager Delagrange

View official review by bookowlie - Published May 19, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area. After graduating high school, I went to St. Mary's College near my hometown of Alameda, spent my junior year at the University of Madrid, travelled through Eastern Europe and transferred to U.C. Santa Barbara where I got my B.A. in Spanish. I received my Master's degree in Education from Oregon State University and continued from there to work as a financial aid counselor at U.C. San Francisco. I lived in Santa Barbara for eight years then returned to the Bay Area where I met my husband and now have two children - 21 and 16, two chocolate labs and a terrier mix, along with my black Friesian horse who lives in the Oakland hills.   I began writing in 2009 and since then I have written five books. My first book, Moon Over Alcatraz, was published in 2012 and Taken Away comes out in June 2015. I got the inspiration for this novel from Amber Alerts which I find extremely distressing and I always wanted to write about how parents deal with a missing child. I wrote this book in the father's point of view, from the moment he finds his wife and toddler missing, through his journey to discover what happened to them."

• I Really Hate My Job - I think I'm working with morons
      by William Crooks/Gregston Hunte

View official review by bookowlie - Published May 14, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "We are two professionals in the IT field who are sick and tired of our jobs, our co-workers, and the monotony of cubicle life. After over twenty years each of working in the industry, we have both come to realize that our true passion clearly lies somewhere else. At this time, our chief desire is to be financially free and able to rid ourselves of our cubicles."

• A Case of Crime
      by D.M.Spinks
  • The Wicked Wives
      by Gus Pelagatti

View official review by bookowlie - Published April 28, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Gus Pelagatti is a Philadelphia trial lawyer with almost 47 years of civil and criminal experience. His book, The Wicked Wives, is based on the true story of the 1938 Philadelphia poison scandals. 17 unfaithful wives were arrested with their lovers for poisoning their husbands to death for insurance money. The chief conspirator was a tailor whose shop and apartment were situated two blocks from his parents' home in South Philly. Gus interviewed Judges, lawyers, detectives, witnesses and neighbors all directly involved in prosecution of the wives."

• The Waterbear
      by Wade C. Taylor

View official review by bookowlie - Published April 19, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I've long been obsessed with telling stories to my parents, teachers, and friends growing up (and to the police when necessary at other times in my life). I like the flavor of a good word and the caress of a well-crafted phrase, and the works of Henry Miller, Toni Morrison, John Updike, Langston Hughes, Sylvia Plath, Richard Wright, William S. Burroughs, CL Smooth, Lou Reed, Joni Mitchell, and Marvin Gaye are but some of the many which inspire my writing. Samhain Shake, the protagonist of my Waterbear novels, gives voice to my outlook on life, love, science, politics, religion and race, and is my attempt to fuse psychological insights with the ancient celestial mechanics of Western astrology. Popular music and cinema also color my artistic vision, as rhythms and concise imagery enhance any energetic prose I've encountered."

• Doomed Soul
      by Robert Boomsliter

View official review by bookowlie - Published April 17, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Robert Boomsliter is retired Silicon Valley engineer living in Florida with his wife Babs and two elderly bichon frise who will always be puppies. "Doomed Soul" is his first effort at a publication for general distribution."

• Big Mojo
      by Jack Getze

View official review by bookowlie - Published April 12, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Former newsman Jack Getze is Fiction Editor for Anthony nominated Spinetingler Magazine, one of the internet's oldest websites for noir, crime, and horror short stories. His Austin Carr Mysteries BIG NUMBERS, BIG MONEY, BIG MOJO and BIG MOUTH (a short story) were published by Down and Out Books in 2013 and 2014, with another novel BIG SHOES scheduled for 2015. His short fiction has appeared in A Twist of Noir, Beat to a Pulp, The Big Adios and the 2014 anthology, Down, Out and Dead."

• Appalachian Idyll
      by Brad Jolly
  • The Boys of Summers Run
      by James L. Cotton

View official review by bookowlie - Published March 30, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "James Cotton has been describing farm life since the early 1970's as a farm newspaper editor and commentator. He became the editor and assistant publisher of the Simmental Shield, a national magazine devoted to a Swiss breed of beef cattle in the 1980s. In 1986, he became editor of the Angus Journal, a monthly magazine serving the Aberdeen-Angus industry. In the 90's, he pursued his interest in cover photography and feature writing for national livestock and horse magazines as a free-lancer. He is a graduate of Allegheny College, Meadville, Pennsylvania, and a Vietnam veteran. Cotton and his wife had four sons and two grandchildren. Jim divides his time between Montana and Pennsylvania, and writes about country life and rural photography."

• Dead in the Water
      by AJ Basinski

View official review by bookowlie - Published March 10, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "AJ Basinski is a Vietnam war veteran who returned to writing after a long and successful career as a trial attorney in Pennsylvania. Dead in the Water is his first novel and the first in a planned series of Lieutenant Morales' novels."

• Ghost Dog
      by Helen Currie Foster

View official review by bookowlie - Published February 24, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Author Helen Currie Foster lives north of Dripping Springs, Texas, supervised by three burros. She's deeply curious about human history, and how, uninvited, the past keeps crashing the party. She graduated from Wellesley College and also holds an M.A. from the University of Texas at Austin and a J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School."

• The Remnants
      by W.P. Osborn

View official review by bookowlie - Published December 11, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

About the Author: "Author W.P. (Paul) Osborn loved to hear his grandfather's incredible stories about his experiences during WW1. While The Remnants is a work of fiction, it is rooted in the true narrative of Paul's grandparents. Paul was raised in a military family and during his formative years he lived on bases all across Canada. He knows first hand the challenges and sacrifices that families face when they devote their lives to the service of their country. A portion of the proceeds of The Remnants will be donated to True Patriot Love Foundation- a charity in support of Canadian Military Families."

• Dynomike
      by Frankie B. Rabbit

View official review by bookowlie - Published November 5, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Frankie B. Rabbit was born and raised underground; the underground rap scene that is. Walking alone through the rough soils of Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, and now currently in New Jersey; he traveled most of the North East battle rapping other upcoming hip-hop artists at local night clubs to only find himself getting paid in vegetable scraps and free admissions. While, he was winning a majority of his freestyle rap battles, Frankie B. Rabbit was only participating for bonus money to keep his whiskers afloat. Frankie B. Rabbit's talents were not self-fulfilling for him, and he was seeking to take his talents elsewhere; hopefully to make a difference. So, while, his rap career was dragging with monotony, he enters, yet another, freestyle rap battle at B.B. Kings in New York City--which ended being his last rap battle after being defeated by an 8 year old second grader in the first round--his name was Dynomike! "The lyrical niceness, my rhymes so tight I give nightmares to vice grips! This mic is five bucks, this night is five bucks, and Dynomike is -- is priceless!" That was only one of the sixteen bars he dropped on Frankie B. Rabbit. "That kid has some serious lyrics. I was in awe to see someone, especially at his age, have so much passion for something. I said to myself, this kid just gets it. . ."Frankie B. Rabbit's defeat was more of an enlightenment. This moment, he decided to partner with the young rap phenomena and do something that would be fun, and more importantly make a difference--that's when Frankie B. Rabbit's children's book career began; his defeat against 8 year old Dynomike, was his inspiration to write a series of children's books--to do something that matters."

• Motherhood Funnies
      by El Blanchette

View official review by bookowlie - Published October 13, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "El Blanchette is married and has a six year old daughter. After leaving her job as a design engineer to be a stay at home mom, she was inspired to start writing about the many conversations she shared with her daughter."

• Another Chicken Story
      by Kenneth R. McClelland

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Ken McClelland is a happily married Christian father of 5, with more than a dozen delightful grandchildren who enjoys writing in most every genre. Besides Another Chicken Story: The Stranger Danger, Mister McClelland has written other Children's picture books, such as: The ABC's of African American Inventions, Terry's Round House, and Harmony Farms. In the Young Adult category he's written: The Jade Lion, which is a fairy tale that's never been told before, and Adult books such as: The Pandemic Preparedness Guide, The Slave's Diary, The Quarterman Files, and The Pandemic Report. ? Currently employed with the US Government, he's a member of the Society for Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, and the Florida Writers Association. He's a former Girl Scout leader, and former counselor with the Florida Children's Home Society."

• Las Tres Chicas de East Austin
      by Mary Donley-Slover

View official review by bookowlie - Published September 1, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Mary Donley-Slover is a native Austinite who has been an educator for the past 30 years and continues to work with children to this day. She was a musician growing up, but decided to become a school teacher as her career choice. She sees a strong need for more Dual Language Books that have a Lesson to teach and that all students will be able to relate to. Thus the creation of her first book."

• Work & Wagers
      by Sherrie Sushko

View official review by bookowlie - Published August 15, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Sherrie Sushko is the author of three books, Remain, Lost Love, and Work & Wagers. When not writing or reading, Sherrie also enjoys music and spending time with her family and two dogs. Sherrie currently resides in the United States."

• Family Tales at Gimmercote Farm
      by Linda Dooks

View official review by bookowlie - Published July 26, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Linda Dooks was born in 1952. Brought up in the farming community she is now retired and lives with her husband and two grown up children. Enjoys writing about the adventures they had with there children when they were little. She has written poetry which has appeared in her local paper and joins friends at the local writers group."

• Angelo
      by Ron Cimbala

View official review by bookowlie - Published July 24, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Retired- My previous life misspent in a technical background. Grew up in in one of the small Mill towns that cling to the foothills of the Appalachia Mountains in Southwestern Pennsylvania. Currently reside in Indiana Birth Date January 22, 1943 (age 73) Education Duquesne High School, Penn Technical Institute, Pittsburgh PA."

• Oakey's World of Color
      by Cindy Mattox

View official review by bookowlie - Published July 22, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Cindy Mattox is an elementary school teacher in Montgomery, Alabama. She is married with two grown sons, two daughters-in-law, and five grandchildren. She enjoys teaching and working with young children. In her spare time she loves to read and travel."

• Save the Bumble Bees
      by Joanie Boney

View official review by bookowlie - Published June 29, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Joanie Boney loves to write and she loves children. She feels that reading is very important for children and will help them in every aspect of their lives. Her books are multiracial and multicultural which she feels is very important for a child's development."

• Not Black And White
      by G.A. Beller

View official review by bookowlie - Published June 23, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "G. A. Beller is a self-professed political junkie who enjoyed a long and lucrative career in the investment industry before diving in to his true passion of storytelling. NOT BLACK AND WHITE: From The Very Windy City to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is his first novel. Beller established GABE Advisors, LLC to invest in and encourage literary projects in creative collaboration with aspiring authors."

• Bess's Magical Garden
      by M. E. Hembroff

View official review by bookowlie - Published May 13, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "M.E. Hembroff has been creative since early childhood and is the fourth child in a family of five. Growing up on a farm allowed lots of opportunity to roam and explore the many nooks and crannies. She was an avid reader since early childhood. One of her early abilities was to imagine that she was in an entire different location and to make up characters and stories in her head. She didn't start to write out any stories until her own children were growing up. After retirement she started to fulfill her desire to become a writer and self published her first book at seventy."

• Gag Rule
      by Edward A. Dreyfus

View official review by bookowlie - Published April 22, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "After 50 years as a practicing clinical psychologist, I have turned my attention to writing fiction. I have published several psychologically based novels and screenplays based on my experiences. My mission has been to help people maximize their potential and achieve their goals. Now, through my fiction writing, I hope to continue this mission and reach a larger audience. The stories I tell are all based on my years of practice. Each story deals with another aspect of the human condition."

• His Kate
      by Sue Krawitz

View official review by bookowlie - Published April 1, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Sue Krawitz is an independent meeting planner with a background in marketing and public relations. She holds a bachelor’s degree in English and Psychology from Widener University. A dedicated volunteer at her sons’ school, Sue is also a fitness enthusiast. She lives with her two sons in the Philadelphia suburbs. His Kate is her first novel."

• The Magic of Murder
      by Susan Lynn Solomon

View official review by bookowlie - Published February 7, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Formerly a Manhattan entertainment attorney, and then a contributing editor to the quarterly art magazine SunStorm Fine Art, Susan Lynn Solomon now lives in Niagara Falls, New York, where she is in charge of legal and financial affairs for a management consulting firm. After moving to Niagara Falls she became a member of Just Buffalo Literary Center’s Writers Critique Group, and since 2009 a number of her short stories have appeared in literary journals, including, Abigail Bender (awarded an Honorable Mention in a Writer’s Journal short romance competition), Witches Gumbo, Ginger Man, The Memory Tree, Elvira, Second Hand, Sabbath (nominated for 2013 Best of the Net by the editor of Prick of the Spindle), and Kaddish. Her latest short stories are Going Home, which appeared in the October 19 issue of Flash Fiction Press, Captive Soul, which is included in Solstice Publishing’s Halloween anthology, Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, Volume 1, and Yesterday’s Wings, about a woman searching for the courage of her past, appears in the October 2015 edition of, Imitation Fruit. Susan Lynn Solomon’s Solstice Publishing novel, The Magic of Murder, is available at Amazon"

• The Measure of Love
      by Saundra MacKay

View official review by bookowlie - Published November 29, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Saundra MacKay learned to love books as the middle child in a large family as she searched for a place to belong. As a plus-size teen and a large-size woman, she gained insight into the hearts and minds of big, beautiful women who yearn to love and be loved. She has written Measure of Love with the desire that you discover love, size acceptance and your own voice."

• life love and everything in between Volume 1
      by T. M. Thompson

View official review by bookowlie - Published November 27, 2015

Genre: Drama and Poetry
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I am a civil servant but consider myself to be a philosopher/poet. I wrote my 1st poem in 1978 and to date have written 228 divided in to 7 Volumes of 30 poems each. Originally from Winnipeg Manitoba I moved to Vancouver in 1975"

• The Grizzly Bear's Eyelash
      by T. Jacira Paolino

View official review by bookowlie - Published November 22, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N | on iTunes

About the Author: "T. Jacira Paolino (formerly Castro) is a polyglot with a degree in languages and a masters in IT, who has lived in the US, México, Ecuador, Chile, Italy, and the UK. She has worked as a Simultaneous Interpreter and a Technical Translator, as well as a Multilingual Web Developer. She currently resides in south Florida with her husband, Donald."

• Survival
      by John Fahey

View official review by bookowlie - Published November 16, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "After reaching America at 23 I had a career as a synthetic organic chemist, getting a Ph.D. in Chemistry when I was 28, worked for Merck, became a Professor of Chemistry at Fairleigh Dickinson University, moved on to directing human clinical trials, worked for major pharmaceutical companies and contract research companies, was a director of clinical research at a community clinic in Manhattan in the early days of the HIV epidemic. I later became a consultant for several pharmaceutical companies then retired to Tennessee, taught myself webmaster skills and began my domain Erinpharm, promoting healthy longevity. Recently I self published this memoir about my life to age 23 and my arrival in America. My friends are urging me to continue writing the story of my life. I intend to do that. I've been involved in important scientific/medical work and have met and worked with fascinating and important people. I have vivid memories. I still have work to do. I have a large garden to tend and I have reached a stage of peace and serenity in my life. You can read about me at my Erinpharm website."

• The Circle Now Is Made
      by Mac Fletcher

View official review by bookowlie - Published November 14, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I was born and live in South Staffs and worked in the domestic heating industry for most of my life, a strange turnout for someone (slightly) more academic than practical, though the business hasn't been bad to me. My best subjects were English Language and Lit, and I loved telling stories (mainly tall ones) from an early age. Writing developed from there - at six I realised that less nerve is needed to tell stories on paper than in public, and if they're rubbish no-one need know. (Yes, I've written some rubbish). I have a lot of interests, though one of my greatest passions is the narrowboat my wife and I bought and fitted out... moving at walking speed and stepping back into a mode of transport introduced in the 17 hundreds is my idea of heaven. That should give you an idea of how much of a go-getter I am. Most of my hobbies are in some way creative: painting, computer graphics, photography ... and of course writing. Too old for most active sports (and never brilliant either) I try to keep fit by swimming regularly - at least five times weekly - and walking. I've written 5 full-length novels to date - three of which are on Kindle - and although a lot of interest has been shown in my work, I remained unpublished in print until Death Must Go On - a complete departure from my other stuff. It's my first full length attempt at black comedy, and the fact that readers have taken pleasure from it, along with other stuff, has made the effort worthwhile. I welcome ANY comments and correspondence via Amazon, and thanks very much for taking the time to read this."

• Annie's 1st Break
      by Willee Amsden

View official review by bookowlie - Published October 20, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

About the Author: "Willee Amsden is as quirky as the characters who live in his fertile imagination. He has lived all over the place and had more jobs than he can remember. When he's not slaving over a hot computer and cackling like a mad man you'll usually find him outdoors with one or more of his four footed furry friends."

• Behind Closed Doors (1)
      by A.L. Smith

View official review by bookowlie - Published October 1, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Dr. A.L. Smith is a practicing Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist and an officer in the Army Reserves. She traveled to Haiti twice in the aftermath of the devastating earthquake of 2010 and provided anesthesia care to a countless number of victims, mostly children. The experience would have a lasting impact on her views concerning poverty among children in the U.S. and abroad."

• Celluloid
      by Holly Curtis

View official review by bookowlie - Published September 22, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N | on Smashwords

About the Author: "Holly's first book is a comedy called Celluloid and it is has been hailed as 'the best book ever about a film lover who tries to prevent his local, independent cinema from being closed and turned into flats by a psychotic gangster property developer.' Holly's favourite story is A Christmas Carol, favourite album is Piper at the Gates of Dawn and loves movies from the30s-50s. Holly was born and raised in the UK and will probably perish there."

• Shut Up Already!
      by Jason Linton

View official review by bookowlie - Published August 21, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Jason Linton is an avid writer and self-help book author from sunny South Florida. Jason's first book "Shut Up Already! A Guide to Overcoming the Bad Habit of Gossiping for Personal and Professional Success" has already dubbed him as one of the top ranking self-improvement authors of his kind. Residing off of the beautiful green shores of Delray Beach with his wife Melissa and his two dogs, Jason enjoys living his life to the absolute fullest. His personal philosophies of working hard to be at your greatest potential and his journey in overcoming obesity after losing over 70 pounds in 2014 has given him a burning desire to share his advice, passion and experiences to help others be at their utmost potential for personal and professional success. Jason believes that if you have a dream, then you must chase it and if you are not happy with your life than change it. You are the only one that has the power to live a better and happier life. Nothing will just fall into your lap, everything you want must be achieved, but if you work at it, you will reach it! Jason graduated from Florida Atlantic University double majoring in Psychology and Multimedia Communications. Besides writing and journaling in his free time, Jason loves to work out, spend time with his friends and family, go to the beach, play football and mentoring others. He always dreamed of writing books and connecting with lots of people through his writing."

• The Cranky Little Princess
      by Bobbie Hill

View book: on Bookshelves

About the Author: "Bobbie Hill is a journalist and former classic rock d.j. with far too much free time. The influence of rock and roll coupled with Dr. Seuss blends into the perfect children's book that adults will love reading as much as kids will love hearing. Beautiful illustrations by the self trained author add a whimsical touch to this book."

• Fresh Menu Planner: Ultimate Four Week Meal Plan with Shopping Guide
      by Matt Kearns

View official review by bookowlie - Published August 23, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Matt Kearns is a professionally trained Red Seal chef with over 15 years of experience in the industry. His passion for healthy eating, fitness and nutrition has lead him to create the Fresh Menu Planner food blog. He loves lifting weights, rock climbing, eating great food and travelling with his wife."

• The Rainbow Dragon
      by Jeff Hopp

View official review by bookowlie - Published July 20, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Jeff Hopp is a Tempe, Arizona artist, author and musician. Since the 1970’s he has been creating fine art paintings, Album/CD covers, event posters, graphic novels, children’s books, and space rock music. His award winning art and music has sold in over 30 countries."

• Sterling the St. Bernard Plays a Sport
      by Martina M. Sneed

View official review by bookowlie - Published July 16, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Martina Sneed was born in Morgan City, Louisiana. She has a Master’s degree in Business Administration. She felt inspired to write her first children’s book. Sterling: The Saint Bernard with Swag because of her eight-year-old book-loving son. As a former U.S. Army Veteran, current Army spouse and mother, she is a firm believer in setting good examples for children, including inviting them to use their own innate imagination and creativity in their everyday lives. Sterling the Saint Bernard Plays a Sport is her forthcoming children’s book."

• Under the Sea Coloring/Activity Book
      by Patricia May

View official review by bookowlie - Published June 4, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Patricia May is the author of the ten-book collection, A Seashell Meditation for Children. Patricia's books offer a new and exciting way to introduce children to the world of meditation, using a short story rhyme in the form of a guided meditation while the child holds a seashell up to their ear, as a tool for focus and fun. Patricia obtained her teacher's meditation certification at the Spiritual Center for Positive Living in Cameron Park, CA. She loves to share her love for meditation with children everywhere, using the seashell technique. Patricia lives in the beautiful foothills of Amador County, CA with her husband Dave and their poodles."

• Weird Life
      by Ronald Printz

View official review by bookowlie - Published May 16, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "My name is Ronald Printz. I am 57 years old, Married to Debi, and we have 3 children, Matthew, Jenna and Colin. I work as the Safety and Recruiting Manager for a Michigan trucking company. I drover Over The Road as a Commercial Truck Driver from 2007 to 2014 and the idea for this and other stories originated from things I saw while driving over the rod."

• Everyone's Happier Than You
      by James Zerndt

View official review by bookowlie - Published May 1, 2016

Genre: Drama and Poetry
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "James Zerndt doesn't have a brand. And his writing often doesn't fit into one genre. Much to the annoyance of his past literary agents. He sometimes uses incomplete sentences (like the previous) but does so on purpose because he believes it's a good way to add emphasis. Sometimes. He still believes in art and is willing to fail in the pursuit of it. Which he has. Many, many times. When he's not busy with this, he's probably grumbling about something to himself while chasing after a four-year-old boy who is trying to teach him a thing or two about patience. Oh, and he also teaches ESL at Pacific University and lives in Portland, Oregon, with his wife and son. And Elliot, their dog, who is very, very old. And RD, who is a cat and also pretty old."

• The Mahogany Dancer
      by Kamon

View official review by bookowlie - Published March 30, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N | on Smashwords | on iTunes

About the Author: "Kamon was born in Quebec in 1957. Kamon has been living in Asia for 30 years. Kamon's books are published in French, English and some in Chinese. With more than 50 titles published, Kamon writes funny children’s books seasoned with mindfulness, a relevant topic in today’s world."

• Fat Girl, Skinny
      by Amye Archer

View official review by bookowlie - Published February 26, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Amye Archer lives with her husband and twin daughters in Northeast Pennsylvania. She is the author of three poetry collections, BANGS, A Shotgun Life, and No One Ever Looks Up. Her work has appeared in Nailed Magazine, PMS: Poem Memoir Story, PANK, and various publications. She holds an MFA in Creative Writing and teaches at The University of Scranton."

• Second Skin
      by Clare de Lune

View official review by bookowlie - Published February 18, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Clare de Lune, also known as Clare Castleberry, is a librarian who writes weird stuff: erotica, horror, sci-fi and bizarro fiction. Clare is currently working on her first novel and lives in a haunted house in New Orleans with her boyfriend and cat."

• Shasha and Wally Watson Vs. The Faker
      by Ted Kelsey

View official review by bookowlie - Published February 13, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Ted Kelsey is a writer living in the Peekskill, of the Hudson Valley in New York. He is the author of the fairytale fantasy OLGA, the 2016 Novel of the Year by the Underground Book Reviews, and SHASHA AND WALLY WATSON VS THE FAKER, awarded the Gold Seal for Excellence in Independent Fiction by AIA. His work for young readers has been praised for its imaginative scenarios, strong female protagonists and cliff-hanger chapters. He has been a teacher for over 15 years, and his articles on international education and culture differences have been published in Metropolis and English Teaching Professional magazines."

• Gator Goes By Bike
      by Keenan Hopson

View official review by bookowlie - Published February 9, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on B&N

About the Author: "Keenan graduated from the University of Maine with a degree in accounting. He lives in northern British Columbia where he doesn't work as an accountant. He loves to draw and tell stories with his children, Sam and Sarah. This is his first attempt at a picture book. As always, everything he does is for his family."

• Ripples Through Time
      by Lincoln Cole

View official review by bookowlie - Published January 10, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N | on iTunes

About the Author: "Lincoln Cole is a Columbus based author who enjoys traveling and has visited many different parts of the world, including Australia and Cambodia, but always returns home to his pugamonster puppy, Luther, and family. His love for writing was kindled at an early age through the works of Isaac Asimov and Stephen King and he enjoys telling stories to anyone who will listen. His first published novel was "Graveyard of Empires", and he won the Literary Classics 2015 Book Award for Inspirational/Visionary YA novels with his novel "Ripples Through Time". His upcoming book, "Second Chances" is the spiritual successor to "Ripples Through Time" and confronts many social and cultural issues."

• Get in Shape Before It's Too Late (ps—it's never too late!)
      by Stu Segal

View official review by bookowlie - Published December 22, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Stu Segal lives just outside New York City. He writes, juggles, listens to rock 'n roll, rides motorcycles, and plays drums. He is a voracious consumer of film and literature. You can find him annually at the World Science Fiction Convention, the Westminster Kennel Club Show, rock concerts, motorcycle events, on the internet, and sometimes in the French Quarter. Wherever he is, you can find him every morning in the gym. Stu's early years were spent in Atlantic City, New Jersey. He went into banking as a coin wrapping clerk, and concluded a banking career 24 years later as vice president of a global bank, and on the Board of Directors of the New York Cash Exchange. He subsequently opened motorcycle dealerships for Harley-Davidsons, Triumphs, Hondas, Buells, Victorys and more. In 2011 Stu began writing non-fiction, always focusing on subjects close to his heart, subjects he hopes will help others. He can be contacted at stu.segal@ssegal.net"

• Requiem's Echo
      by Julia Greenwood

View official review by bookowlie - Published December 16, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "A nurse of 37 years, Julia is now retired and writes to fill in her time. This book is written in part from personal experience and in part from seeing the effects of domestic violence on other children during her nursing life."

• Dede's Adventures
      by Anne Doetschman

View official review by bookowlie - Published December 13, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Anne Doetschman was born in France. She was raised in France and abroad. She came to the United States in 2000 and became a US Citizen in 2006. She works as a French Interpreter and now lives in Bellingham in the state of Washington with her son. She loves to write and paint. Dede’s (pronounced DD) Adventures is a series of stories about a little bear who loves adventures of all kinds. She got her inspiration from her son. His bear Dede has been with him since he was born. Anne is a very talented writer and illustrator and her book will bring great joy and fun to the young readers. She is working on more volumes to continue the wonderful adventures of Dede."

• A Very Furry Christmas: Holiday Cat Tales
      by John D.Ottini

View official review by bookowlie - Published December 7, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "John D. Ottini was born in Northern Italy, raised and educated in Canada, and currently resides in Central Florida with his wife and a mischievous kitty named Bella."

• ESPete in ESPresident
      by Arnold Rudnick

View official review by bookowlie - Published December 5, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "ARNOLD RUDNICK has written for many television shows, including THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR, STAR TREK: VOYAGER and THE NEW ADDAMS FAMILY. His first book was the Moonbeam Award winning ESPETE: SIXTH GRADE SENSE. He also wrote the inspirational children's picture book, LITTLE GREEN, about a small frog who wants to be special and asks "Isn't it possible?""

• Little Green
      by Arnold Rudnick

View official review by bookowlie - Published December 5, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "ARNOLD RUDNICK has written for many television shows, including THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR, STAR TREK: VOYAGER and THE NEW ADDAMS FAMILY. He is the author of LITTLE GREEN, an inspirational picture book, and the middle grade adventures of ESPete, a sixth grader with extrasensory perception."

• Southern Lace
      by Tina Freelove-Haney

View official review by bookowlie - Published November 20, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "She has always wanted to write. She just never took the time. So one day she sat down with a pen and a notebook and started writing. And she realized how much she enjoyed it. It just came easy to her. The characters she created are awesome. So she hopes you enjoy reading it as much as she enjoyed writing it."

• Corey Tells a Story!
      by Meg Kimball

View official review by bookowlie - Published July 9, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Meg Kimball is a somber person who rarely smiles unless it suits her. She studied psychology at the prestigious Bellarmine University, although it was known as Bellarmine College at the time. She enjoys wall climbing and quiet introspection. When not busy writing her next book, she can be found tidying her spice rack or enjoying the thrills offered by adult coloring books."

• Investing 101
      by Matthew Barnes

View official review by bookowlie - Published July 2, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I have three great hobbies- health and healing, self defense and investing. Fortunately for you, I am nearly obsessive about each of these topics. I spend most of my free time learning about these things and then passing on what I have learned. Passing on what I have learned could easily be classified as my fourth great hobby. I seem to be addicted to it as well."

• Andi Makes a Wish!
      by Meg Kimball

View official review by bookowlie - Published June 12, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Meg Kimball is the coolest author ever. She lives in Louisville, KY with her dad; her elderly English Springer Spaniel, Echo; and her kitten, Milton, aka Mr. Kitten, who is very naughty. She enjoys woodworking, home improvement/DIY, and writing. She is addicted to Tetris and flavored tea."

• Loveyoubye
      by Rossandra White

View official review by bookowlie - Published January 21, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Rossandra White is a fourth generation South African living in Laguna Beach, California where she writes and hikes the hills and canyons with her Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Fergie and Jake. A recipient of many writing awards, she has also written two YA novels, Monkey's Wedding and Mine Dances, set in Zimbabwe and Zambia."

• Secrets, Lies and Homicide
      by Patricia Dusenbury

View official review by bookowlie - Published January 13, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

About the Author: "Writing is my second career. I retired after working for decades as an economist and strategic planner and hope to atone for all those dry reports by writing mysteries that people read for pleasure. Before I was a writer, I was a reader. I will always be a reader, and there are some books that I never want to be without. Those are in what I jokingly call my permanent collection, a mix of mystery and literary, but all fiction, ranging from The Master and Margarita to In The Lake of the Woods. Those books are probably the best description of who I really am."

• In The Sanctity of Revenge
      by Brian Schnoor

View official review by bookowlie - Published December 29, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Brian Schnoor is a native Chicagoan. He's the recipient of the Promax Silver Award for Writing and the NBC Universal Ovation Award. He's a graduate of Saint Patrick High School in Chicago, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, and The Second City Conservatory where he learned the art of Improvisational Theater. He's a proud member of SAG-AFTRA. He's forty-two years old and lives in the Chicago area with his wife and children. In The Sanctity of Revenge is his debut novel."

• Two Days Different
      by Leigh Bise

View official review by bookowlie - Published December 21, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Aspiring author: Married, mom of three with a full time job as a medical record coder. This is my debut attempt. I would appreciate honest reviews; I know I have a lot of area for further growth. I would also appreciate reviews posted on my books page in Amazon if possible."

• Tear Stained Beaches
      by Courtney Giardina

View official review by bookowlie - Published December 29, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Courtney was born and raised just outside of Rochester, NY. In 2012, she moved to Charlotte, NC and has been focusing on finally doing all the things she said she would do "someday." After making a New Year's Resolution in 2012 to write her first novel, Courtney completed Tear Stained Beaches after 9 months of long nights and wearing out the delete button on her keyboard. She has also started acting and has appeared in 3 short films in the Charlotte, NC area. She has a passion for health and fitness and enjoys living a very healthy lifestyle."

• Someone Else
      by Mary Fleming

View official review by bookowlie - Published December 7, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Mary Fleming was born in Chicago. After school on the East Coast, she attended Colby College in Maine where she received a BA degree in English literature. She moved to Paris in 1981. Now that their five children are grown up, she and her second husband split their time between Paris and Berlin."

• Smog City
      by Rebecca Maye McNutt

View official review by bookowlie - Published November 29, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Rebecca Maye McNutt is a Canadian author living in Nova Scotia. Her most popular books are in her "Sysco" book series, which has received mixed reviews. Smog City is her first book but hasn't been published until recently."

Page last updated: January 23, 2017, 3:02 pm