OnlineBookClub.org

by RJ Torbert

View official review by anneloretrujillo - Published November 5, 2016

Genre: C/T/M/H
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "R.J.Torbert has been with FUN WORLD for over 20 years developing and creating product that has reach over 1,000 items. Part of his responsibility is protecting the copyrights and trademarks of GHOST FACE around the world as well as the licensing of the worlds most famous mask. R.J. holds a bachelors in English and Creative Writing in Cultural Studies."

• A Pyre of Roses
      by Roland P. Joseph

View official review by anneloretrujillo - Published December 29, 2016

Genre: Other Fiction
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Roland P. Joseph is an artist and writer from Trinidad and Tobago who enjoys setting his works against his native cultural and social landscape. His writings capture real situations and life’s ironies in Trinidad and Tobago. His characters are fashioned after his country’s societal prototypes. He is the author of a BlueinkReview Starred Review novel, Carnival Queen and Prose in the Key of Life: Volume One, a short story collection."

• The Caravan Holiday
      by Peter Thomas

View official review by anneloretrujillo - Published January 8, 2017

Genre: Children's Books
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "My name is Pete Thomas and I am 58 years old. I have spent all my working life as a primary school teacher until I retired early at 55. That’s 33 years working with children from 6-11 years old. I have lived in Hull all my life, brought up on a council estate in the north of the city, until I left home to go to teacher training college in Scarborough. I now live in the west of the city with my wife. We have been married 30 years. She’s a very understanding woman! I have two sons, now very grown up. The youngest, 24, has already left home whilst the eldest, 27, has just bought a house and is in the process of doing it up. I still embarrass my children at every opportunity, usually unintentionally. I have enjoyed reading children’s books, not only to children but to myself. My favourite authors being Roald Dahl, Jeremy Strong and AA Milne. In my adult time I enjoy reading PG Wodehouse. I have an interest in transport, especially the railways, and can often be found travelling around with my camera in hand. I also enjoy walking in the countryside and listening to a wide range of popular music from folk through to heavy metal, although my family might dispute the popular part, and I can often be seen with my earphones in. I started writing ‘The Caravan Holiday’ shortly after I finished teaching and I have noticed a lot of me in some of the characters. Hopefully this will be the first book of a series as I already have other scenarios lodged in my brain for Tom and his hapless father!"

• The Gatherers
      by Craig Markley

View official review by anneloretrujillo - Published August 7, 2016

Genre: C/T/M/H
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Craig N Markley, best known for his Blog Talk Radio show “Marks the Spot.” He also has a staring roll in the video “Soldiers Light” in 2013. He’s been show cased in a portrait from renowned painter Daniel Bayless, which is on display in San Francisco, CA. He is a self-trained Actor, Model, and Writer. Craig also holds a BA in History from Ashford University. Craig’s recent work is with his book “The Gatherers” along with staring in the video “Soldiers Light” where Craig plays the Soldier and father figure. Craig enjoys running working out and spending time with his family. I look forward to my next book coming out this summer titled “The Day Las Vegas Dies” and looking forward to working on the sequel to the video of “Soldiers Light”."

• Pearl of the sea
      by Ruth finnegan

View official review by anneloretrujillo - Published December 22, 2016

Genre: Young Adult
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Ruth Finnegan OBE is an Emeritus Professor of The Open Univerity, Fellow of the British Academy and an Honorary Fellow of Somerville College Oxford. Born ad brought up in Ireland, the product of a Quaker school, long-time scholar of Africa, and now a grandmother and regular visitor to her New Zealand granddaughter, she is the author of numerous fiction and nonficton books, many of them prize-winning."

• Caught Inside
      by Jamie Deacon

View official review by anneloretrujillo - Published December 6, 2016

Genre: Young Adult
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N | on Smashwords | on iTunes

About the Author: "Jamie lives in a tranquil spot close to the River Thames in Berkshire, England, and has always been just a little out of place—the only redhead in a family of brunettes; an introvert far more at ease with dogs than with people; a connoisseur of simple pleasures in a society intent on the quest for wealth and fame. Despite an outward cynicism, Jamie is a romantic at heart, and, when not immersed in a book, can mostly be found writing emotional stories where young men from all walks of life are thrust headlong into the breathless, euphoric, often painful whirlwind called love."

• Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine
      by J.D. Frettier (a pen name for Jennifer Theriot)

View official review by anneloretrujillo - Published January 16, 2017

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "JD Frettier is the nom de plume of USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer Theriot. Being a child of the 1960s and Woodstock era, she was elated when a quirky couple spoke to her, requesting their love story be told. It was an offer she couldn’t refuse, so she decided to venture into the world of paranormal via 'channeling' with her debut novella, Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine. JD’s laptop and mind are now open to new characters. She’s already interviewed and selected one for the next installment of her Green Room Chronicles....so stay tuned!"

• A Love Predestined
      by Ben Dedrick

View official review by anneloretrujillo - Published September 7, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Ben Dedrick has always had a love for writing. After growing up in Massachusetts and serving ten years in the navy, he is now settled in Georgia with the love of his life, a houseful of children (including a brand new baby girl). He is working on his second novel, a futuristic retelling of the story of Moses."

• My Darling Dorothy
      by Jo Virden

View official review by anneloretrujillo - Published July 23, 2016

Genre: Historical Fiction
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Jo Virden is the author of A Passion For Life: Ruth Marie Colville. Her first love is writing short stories. My Darling Dorothy, which started as a short story, evolved into Jo’s first novel. She is passionate about promoting childhood literacy and spends many hours volunteering in reading programs throughout the Denver Metro area. She lives in Arvada, Colorado with her husband, Bill, and she enjoys outdoor photography, long walks in the Rocky Mountains and spending time with her grandson, Cyrus."

• Way Too Far
      by Marilyn Cruise

View official review by anneloretrujillo - Published July 19, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords | on iTunes

About the Author: "Marilyn Cruise, the best-selling author of The Chapel series, started her writing career in 2013 when she closed her retail business. Her steamy romance novels are loved by romance fanatics and erotica enthusiasts alike. She lives in mountainous Utah with her three children and their pet hamster."

• "Siblings"
      by Julie C. Lombard

View official review by anneloretrujillo - Published July 18, 2016

Genre: Other Fiction
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Julie trained in feature film writing at UCLA and is an owner of You-nique Productions LLC, which creates children"s stories in claymation. She currently has two children's books published "Charlie The Short Necked Giraffe" & "Charlie The Short Necked Giraffe & His Unexpected Journey". She has long spent her free time working on novel writing, and "Siblings" is the first completed novel, which is meant to be part of a continuing series."

• Out of the Box Regifted
      by Jennifer Theriot

View official review by anneloretrujillo - Published January 6, 2017

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer Theriot (pronounced Terrio) hails from the Great State of Texas. She is a career woman, working as CFO of a Texas based real estate investment firm. She felt something was missing and discovered her passion for writing--mostly at night and on weekends. Jennifer took a chance that there could be an interest in romance with middle aged couples who are finding themselves at a crossroads and wrote her debut novel Out of the Box Awakening, a family saga contemporary romance, featuring an older female heroine which centers on the hope of finding happiness and passion through unexpected heartache. It emphasizes the need for family and friends. She characterizes her books as 'Grownup Romance from the Other Side of 30' In her limited spare time Jennifer enjoys being outdoors; preferably somewhere on a beach curled up with a good book. Spending time with family and friends, watching a baseball game and enjoying a good bottle of wine are usually on her to-do lists. Jennifer has three grown children and is also 'MiMi' to four beautiful grandkids - all of whom she adores. Her titles include: The Out of the Box 3-book series: Steamy Contemporary Romance / Family Saga with main characters over the age of 30 Out of the Box Awakening (2016 Reader's Favorite Silver Medal Winner in Women's Fiction) Out of the Box Regifted Out of the Box Everlasting Toccata Obbligato~Serenading Kyra (a rocker romance short story, companion novella to the Out of the Box series) Unwrapping Noel (A steamy contemporary, plus-size holiday romance) Desperately Seeking Sixty Nine (published under the nom de plume, J.D. Frettier) A paranormal erotic romance short story Erotically Incorrect An erotic anthology, 'Relatable Romance', if you will. A humorous look at romance - Hot, Hilarious and Downright Awkward. Jennifer's title for the box set, Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine was written under her nom de plume, J.D. Frettier Fortune Brawling A collaborative humorous romance novella about two female musicians and life in the country music industry. Tennessee meets Texas in this laugh out loud short read."

• Conflicting Perspectives
      by Toni Michelle

View official review by anneloretrujillo - Published January 13, 2017

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Conflicting Perspectives is Toni Michelle’s debut book and hopefully the first of many great reads. She really enjoys escaping into a world of make belief Already busy with her second, it is her main objective to tackle social issues with tact and a dash of romance. Toni was born and educated in South Africa where she obtained a Science degree and an Advanced Certificate in Mathematical Literacy. She currently teaches Science and finds writing a welcome outlet to the stresses of Educational issues."

• Dancing Shadows in the Light
      by Kimberly M. Klein

View official review by anneloretrujillo - Published September 21, 2016

Genre: Drama and Poetry
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Diagnosed at 18 with multiple sclerosis and in her mid-forties with systemic scleroderma, Ms. Klein was forced to make a decision: either succumb to illness or fight back and survive. Refusing to accept her dark diagnoses, Kimberly turned to alternative therapies. A Holistic Counselor of 30 years, Reiki Master, and Intuitive Energy Healer, Ms. Klein now helps to heal, teach, and inspire others, thus guiding them on the path to wholeness. To learn more about Ms. Klein and her work, visit CrystalVibrations.net"

• Ninja Cats
      by Patrick Klein
  • The Oregon Kids
      by Bob Richley

View official review by anneloretrujillo - Published July 6, 2016

Genre: Children's Books
    View book: on Bookshelves | on B&N

About the Author: "BOB RICHLEY is a parent and has volunteered for years in children’s ministry. Teaching children good values and the grace of God are his passions. These stories, originally written for a single mom to help her raise her children, are a way to fulfill this passion and help children learn good values. Bob has always loved children and wants all children to be raised with love and grace. It his hope that his stories will be one of many tools parents will use to teach and raise their children with godly values."

• Out of the Box Everlasting
      by Jennifer Theriot

View official review by anneloretrujillo - Published June 23, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer Theriot (pronounced Terrio) hails from the Great State of Texas. She is a career woman, working as CFO of a Texas based real estate investment firm. Working in her capacity as CFO, she felt something was missing and discovered her passion for writing novels--mostly at night and on weekends. In her limited spare time Jennifer enjoys being outdoors; preferably somewhere on a beach curled up with a good book. Spending time with family and friends, watching a baseball game and enjoying a good bottle of wine are usually on her to-do lists. Jennifer has three grown children and is also 'MiMi' to four beautiful grandkids - all of whom she adores. Theriot is an admitted music junkie, loving every type of music. Her love of music is reflected a great deal in her books. Jennifer took a chance that there could be an interest in romance with middle aged couples who are finding themselves at a crossroads and wrote her debut novel Out of the Box Awakening, which centers on the hope of finding happiness and passion through unexpected heartache. It emphasizes the need for family and friends as Jennifer has learned in her own life. Grownup romance from the other side of 30 is how she characterizes her books. The books have also been described as "Mature Sexy" by one reviewer..."

• Barney's Test
      by Hettie Ashwin

View official review by anneloretrujillo - Published June 10, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Hettie Ashwin has been widely published in magazines and on-line. Her writing includes humorous, column style articles, short stories, novels and non fiction boating pieces, which is handy as she lives on a boat in Queensland Australia. She also has had some of her short stories included in anthologies in UK, USA and Australia. Hettie has won several writing competitions including Everyman Bollinger P.G. Wodehouse prize, Collins Dictionary new word prize, Verandah Journal prize. Her Speculative fiction novel, (highly commended at Varuna and the Queensland Arts Council awards) and Thriller novel (a competition winner) are published by Morris Publishing. Hettie has also self published two humorous novels and two collections of short stories, plus has another humorous novel under contract with Blackbuck Publishing India."

Page last updated: January 23, 2017, 1:13 pm