OnlineBookClub.org

Books Reviewed by amybo82

19 Published Reviews

589 posts on the forums

About amybo82

Favorite book: cannot pick just one

Favorite author: David Sedaris

Currently reading:

Interests: reading, playing with my cats, talking about reading, crafting, relaxing on the beach

Location: Charleston, SC

• Twisting My Kaleidoscope
      by Shannon Love

View official review by amybo82 - Published July 28, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N | on iTunes

About the Author: "After growing up in rural Alabama as a stable and contented youngster, I married my childhood sweetheart and joined him in a life of travel and adventure. His job, combined with our enterprising natures, established us in a nomadic lifestyle that we enjoyed thoroughly. Within our first ten years of marriage, our family grew from two members to five. Refusing to slow down, our kids simply adapted, assembling into each of the five states in which we resided, as well as our years abroad, when we lived in Spain, Angola, and China. Then--as life sometimes does--it placed a detour directly in my path. Unsympathetic to my location or circumstances, Mother Nature tinkered with my neurotransmitters while we were living in Beijing, and thus, fate sent me to a new destination --the world of psychosis, a place far more alien than any I had yet visited. Hijacked by happenstance, I was pulled out of my sane world and transported to a bizarre planet filled with hallucinations and delusions. Fortunately, friends and family grasped arms and held me tight, preventing me from falling into ruin. Now, once again happy, healthy, and stable, I pay it forward by sharing my intimate and unsettling story. I hope that my words will help erase the stigma attached to these diseases that toy with our minds and torment our emotions. Although I refuse to be ashamed of my illness and choose to stand tall--stating boldly, "My name is Shannon Love, and I have a severe mental illness," it is not my only identity. As a mom and wife, I adore my husband, two sons, and daughter. As a regular gal, I look forward to lunch dates with my girlfriends, and as a creative thinker, when I'm not writing, I enjoy dabbling in watercolors, acrylics, and clay. Confessing my inadequacies, I profess that my words paint a far better picture than does my brush. With that said, I also admit to singing in the shower, although I am known to be tone-deaf."

• Beauty Secret Blues
      by Sylvia Hardie

View official review by amybo82 - Published July 5, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "I was born Sylvia Louise Hardie in Nashville Tennessee. My mother and father were both in the Air force and were stationed in Washington state. Both my father and mother were very creative. My father Joe Hardie, a writer and my mother a musician, I was exposed to the arts all of my life but was totally unaware of my own abilities. My mother Emogene Harris spend timeless hours molding me to be someone great. I graduated from high school pregnant and the following year I entered into cosmetology school, while in school I found out that I was pregnant again. Thought self-determination I completed the course and earned my license as a Cosmetologist. I soon found myself pregnant again and decided to stay home and regroup. I received public aid and did childcare and serviced clients at my home. I saved every dollar I could and after one year I had saved enough to open my own hair salon named Sylvia's Hair Care for 11 years. I met and married and soon realized that I was in a hell of physical and verbal abuse. After 7 years I was able to end the relationship and start my life again. Through healing I found my own voice as a writer. I continued as a stylist in Seattle for 20 years until I relocated to Las Vegas, Nevada where I currently reside. I work currently as a Cosmetologist Instructor. I love to motivate and challenge the students as they help me become a better person. I am the mother of 3 children and blessed with 3 grandchildren. I like to write see a good movie and spend time with the special people in my life."

• Erotica for the Soul, Vol.1
      by RawrWoman writers

View official review by amybo82 - Published May 14, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Focusing on the sophisticated nature of the female psyche, and the desire for a multi-layered stimulating experience, RawrWoman creates content that will entice, fascinate, and above all provide pleasure to the woman who indulges in all we have to offer. Our goal is to appeal to the female audience’s senses. To create a place where you can find self-expression through the stories we devise, and let your inhibitions go. RawrWoman is strengthened by captivating story content written by an outstanding writing staff from different walks of life, and with different sexual experiences and tastes. We know exactly what a woman wants in a lover or sexual playmate. Many of our stories come from the real-life experiences of our writers, others are fantasies they have created with their wicked imaginations. We cater to not only the single woman, but also to couples who are looking to add a touch of spice or romance to their amorous relationship."

• A Gathering of warriors
      by George Vigileos

View official review by amybo82 - Published November 28, 2016

Genre: Historical Fiction
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I was born in Boston and lived in the USA, Greece, Spain and England. Stumbling through spiritual adventures and political chaos, I always sought to do my best in discovering that reality that many seem to ignore, the world of spirit. I would describe myself as a visionary, seeker of Peace. My inspiration comes from life itself, dreams and visions and the many great human beings I have encountered on my journey."

• The Secret Snowflake: A Christmas Story
      by Teresa Easley

View official review by amybo82 - Published August 18, 2015

Genre: Children's Books
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Teresa Easley shared nightly bedtime stories of exciting journeys and wonder with her children. After her first grandchild was born cross-country, she wanted to make sure that storytelling was a part of his bedtime routine, even though she couldn't be there. As a result, she decided to turn her storytelling into a book. The Secret Snowflake: A Christmas Story is not only for her grandson, but also for all children and families so they can remember the delights and miracle of the Christmas Season. She and her husband live in California with their dachshund, Gidget. This is her first book."

• The 30% Solution
      by Lewena Bayer

View official review by amybo82 - Published November 25, 2016

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: ""Civility is its own reward", this is the mantra that has guided Lew Bayer, internationally recognized as the leading expert on civility at work, 11-time published author including recent international bestseller, The 30% Solution, and CEO of international training company Civility Experts Inc. - with worldwide representation by 85 affiliates in 24 countries."

• Soul Bound
      by Kay Bilsby

View official review by amybo82 - Published September 22, 2015

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Kay Bilsby, was born in the south west corner of England, where she currently lives with her husband in the seaside town of Paignton. She has two sons and five grandchildren and when she isn’t writing spends her time walking the Devon countryside. With no formal training Kay is a story teller with the ability to weave a tale that will draw the reader into worlds of her imagination and leave them wanting more. Her stories draw from her family’s strong connection to the West Country its beautiful landscape, history and the mythology surrounding it."

• Unfinished: Eliena's Winter
      by Hunter Day
    View Review

Officially rated 1 out of 4!
    View official review by amybo82 - Published August 3, 2015

Genre: Young Adult
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Im 19 years old, born in Lodi California. I was raised in Stockton, California until I was 10. My family moved to Spring, Texas and lived there for 4 years, then moved once more to Brentwood, Tennessee. I have traveled to every state except for Alaska. I have also visited London, Italy and France, where I got Engaged in verci. I'm always told I have a big imagination and I love to express my ideas to my friends and share my stories with them. I have a problem finishing my books, because so many stories go through my head, so when I write one story, I'll get distracted by a new idea and start on a new story. My friends still love reading my stories any though they are left hanging. Sometimes I do like to randomly cross my stories with past ones, when I see a possible connection between them. I have only published one of my stories and if only a few people enjoy it, then I might publish more. I do have a big imagination, but also have a problem with grammar. If people enjoy what I write, I would love corrections and suggestion to improve what I written. I take no pride in my stories and write for entertainment."

• Summer of the Pearl
      by Clive Bennett

View official review by amybo82 - Published October 27, 2015

Genre: Young Adult
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "This is my second novel after The Blind Iranian Long Jumper. I started writing late in life drawing on lots of life experience. I am married with three children who have now flown the nest. I have been and tried many things in my life so far, masseur, sports coach, Pearly King, prize winning lyricist , tap dancer to name but a few. I enjoy this life."

• Dark Romeo
      by Yarro rai

View official review by amybo82 - Published October 9, 2015

Genre: Drama and Poetry
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Author is a university student who has published two books. Writes dark and sad poems also writes fiction."

• Love De-Coded (formerly 'I Know You Love Me And You Know I Love You")
      by Stefan Deutsch

View official review by amybo82 - Published July 9, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves

About the Author: "His journey to developing his theories of love included teaching mentally challenged children for the NYC Board of Education, going to NYU graduate school to become a Movement Therapist, and founding Creative Aging, Inc. and Impact On Hunger, Inc. both educational, non-profits. His greatest passion was to understand life and people. He became a trained Gestalt Psychotherapist and founded The Human Development Company. For decades he has been working with his theory - The Continuum Theory of Life Span - by giving workshops, hosting radio programs, teaching at major psychotherapy and adult development conferences. This book for couples is based on his discovering how well couples in his private practice responded to the application of both his theory of love, and his theory of development. Forthcoming books are applications of his ideas to parenting, aging, education, and personal development."

• Rawmance
      by Wade C. Taylor

View official review by amybo82 - Published May 14, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I've long been obsessed with telling stories to my parents, teachers, and friends growing up (and to the police when necessary at other times in my life). I like the flavor of a good word and the caress of a well-crafted phrase, and the works of Henry Miller, Toni Morrison, John Updike, Langston Hughes, Sylvia Plath, Richard Wright, William S. Burroughs, CL Smooth, Lou Reed, Joni Mitchell, and Marvin Gaye are but some of the many which inspire my writing. Samhain Shake, the protagonist of my Waterbear novels, gives voice to my outlook on life, love, science, politics, religion and race, and is my attempt to fuse psychological insights with the ancient celestial mechanics of Western astrology. Popular music and cinema also color my artistic vision, as rhythms and concise imagery enhance any energetic prose I've encountered."

• Mixed Emotions
      by L.M. Tinsley

View official review by amybo82 - Published April 22, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "L.M. Tinsley is a wife, mother, teacher, and author. Mrs. Tinsley’s education includes a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and a Master of Education in Literacy Curriculum and Instruction. Currently, she is seeking a Doctorate of Education in Teacher Leadership with a specific interest in learning how to reduce teacher attrition. Writing is a passion she most recently began to explore. As an author, Tinsley’s goal was to channel her grief after the loss of both her father and father-in-law to cancer, in a healthy and creative way. For over 14 years, L.M. has been married to her husband, Dave. They have an amazing son, Memphis, who attends middle school. In her spare time, Mrs. Tinsley loves to spend time with her family, read, write, and fish."

• The Forty Watt Flowers
      by C.M. Subasic

View official review by amybo82 - Published April 8, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Colleen is an award-winning editor and a playwright with seven plays produced across Canada. She lives in Toronto with three grey cats and a drawer full of lint brushes. She began to write The Forty Watt Flowers after living in Athens, GA for a year and working with Hill Street Press and saw that there was a gap: a book about an indie band from that rockin' town."

• The Ocean's Veil
      by Pamela Whitewood

View official review by amybo82 - Published March 5, 2015

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Pamela Whitewood enjoys writing in various genres. She has insider's knowledge of Palm Beach and all its characters and will be providing a series based on them."

• The Complete Hamburger: Beyond the Golden Arches
      by Ronald McDonald

View official review by amybo82 - Published January 9, 2017

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on B&N

About the Author: "Ronald L. McDonald is an Author, Businessman, Entrepreneur, Historian and award winning Chef. He has a passion for research and learning about all types of subjects and has carried that passion with him throughout his 70 years of living. As a proud member of Mensa he has had the opportunity to meet with and work with some of the World’s most educated and intelligent people covering a wide variety of subjects. Ronald comes from a distinguished family that founded the McDonald’s Hamburger chain and taught him the importance of hard work and diligent study habits. He has applied that learning to creating one of the major collections of internet domains in the world covering hundreds of niche subjects. His travel to all of the continental United States and over 60 countries (many like Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia have split into multiple countries) has allowed him to experience life as few have the opportunity to. This exposure to many peoples and cultures is the foundation for his remarkable insight into many unique topics he writes about in his books and articles. An award winning chef, he has a passion with all things related to food and beverages. As a businessman he strives to continually improve his knowledge concerning the growth of business and industries. As a musician and artist he enjoys a wide variety of art forms and music and works toward better understanding of the principals involved. And as a sportsman he carries a passion for all things outdoors and in nature giving him a strong perspective of the world as a whole. Ronald has owned a wide variety of business from Oil Production to Restaurants and Franchising. From Real Estate and Construction to Manufacturing and Publishing and all adding to his quest for education and understanding. Ronald's writing style and communication skills are all reflected in this lifetime of experience that he shares with others through his work."

• I am the fire that flares up again
      by Jonathan Douglas Duran

View official review by amybo82 - Published October 31, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "Jonathan Douglas Duran is an American writer, filmmaker, visual artist and composer. He is a lover and a fighter."

• God Metaphor
      by John Carey

View official review by amybo82 - Published October 16, 2014

View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "My name is John Carey, I am 21 and I recently graduated from university. I have published one novella previously, Adjective Narcissism, and God Metaphor is a sequel in broad terms."

• Aliens Invade Anna Tower
      by Tiago Higgens

View official review by amybo82 - Published September 25, 2014

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy
    View book: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

About the Author: "I am a rookie writer, who loves to rant about everyday annoyances. One bad day, in the middle of a thunderstorm with no power or internet, and nowhere else to turn to, I wrote a rabid rant on a piece of paper. This formed the basis or blueprint for the book."

Page last updated: January 9, 2017, 3:36 pm